Enchanting with Black soul or Grand soul gem??

#1matrichaPosted 3/28/2012 9:45:32 PM

is there any difference? i know both contain Grand soul, so for weapon enchanting should i stick to Grand souls gems or Black soul gem have some advantages.

#2dudersaurusPosted 3/28/2012 9:46:39 PM
They are the same, but black weigh more so I use them 1st.
Black are only useful for curing vampirism, otherwise they are exactly the same.
---
Roll to see if I'm getting drunk!
#3bjay88Posted 3/28/2012 10:13:07 PM
dudersaurus posted...
Black are only useful for curing vampirism and capturing NPC souls otherwise they are exactly the same.

fixed
---
"They tried to get 1.4 out early by wearing equipment that fortifies programming, but they boosted it too far and it went negative"
-Sogale on Skyrim
#4HyperShadow4321Posted 3/29/2012 3:47:45 AM
Yep, they're the same potency wise. BSGs are just nifty because you don't have to go out of your way to find a monster with a grand soul. You can just off some poor fool in a cave or on the side of the road.
#5dudersaurusPosted 3/29/2012 1:45:19 PM
bjay88 posted...
dudersaurus posted...
Black are only useful for curing vampirism and capturing NPC souls otherwise they are exactly the same.

fixed

I was meaning for the purposed of enchanting filled soul gems. But yeah, black soul gems are easier to fill, but when both have grand souls they are the same other than the cure for vampirism quest.
---
Roll to see if I'm getting drunk!
#6OzeroCaPosted 3/29/2012 2:10:51 PM
I have no idea what critters have grand souls.... I either find filled grand gems, or randomly luck out, BUY the silly things, or use black gems and the black star At level 67, I've done two full suits of grand-enchanted gear, and a handful of jewellery... and I still have like 40 grand souls sitting around...

seems a lot easier than it was in oblivion.
---
/__\ Sci-fi books with a lil humoUr and horror and the occasional lesbian hero?
\__/ www.ozero.ca PSN:ozero -I used to be ObsidianZero here. Before ThE cHaNgE!
#7AlessarPosted 3/29/2012 3:37:46 PM
Black gems specifically are needed for some of the Atronach Forge recipes.