If Iron Daggers don't level up smithing, couldn't you...

#1zack7521Posted 4/9/2012 9:10:26 AM
...buy some cheap iron ore, transmute it into gold ore, and make Jewelry? You don't need any smithing perks, and no Magicka investment, so anyone can level up fast. It may not be as valuable as strong armor, but it's cheap and effective. Plus if you're a mage, you can just enchant it with something good like Banish or Fortify Sneak.
---
PSN- smanish Email- zack7521@gmail.com FB-https://www.facebook.com/zack7521
Bon Jovi and Metallica FTW! "Live is ours, we live it our way"~Metallica
#2Ricky Tony LeonePosted 4/9/2012 9:52:08 AM
That's what I do, and my Smithing reached 100 before anything else.
---
Twitter: @RTLeone
#3SunriePosted 4/9/2012 10:17:27 AM
Does smithing steel daggers work? That would increse speech craft faster, too
---
Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam et lingua eius loquetur iudicium
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
#4DocDeliciousPosted 4/9/2012 1:41:37 PM
???

Smithing daggers still works. They just get more valuable as your skill level gets higher. I just leveled my smithing from 25ish to 100 last night using daggers and it took the exact same amount it did before. ~400 with the Warrior Stone.
---
I'm not a man, I'm a weapon in human form. Just unsheathe me and point me at the enemy.
#5ajr209Posted 4/9/2012 2:50:01 PM
Unless they changed something with a patch (I wouldn't know since my game is unpatched) you should be able to level smithing quickly using iron daggers, hide/leather bracers, and hide/leather helms. It's not how much an item is worth that dictates how much smithing increases IIRC, so in theory i daggers should work just as well as steel ones or jewelry.
#6IamI3rianPosted 4/9/2012 3:21:40 PM
ajr209 posted...
Unless they changed something with a patch (I wouldn't know since my game is unpatched) you should be able to level smithing quickly using iron daggers, hide/leather bracers, and hide/leather helms. It's not how much an item is worth that dictates how much smithing increases IIRC, so in theory i daggers should work just as well as steel ones or jewelry.

They patched it to work based on how much an item is worth. I'm just saying.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Chuck Norris doesn't take arrows in the knee, arrows take Chuck Norris knee in the shaft.
#7Billibob123Posted 4/9/2012 3:27:56 PM
I got by getting 100 smithing making hide bracers lol... yay for doing it before the patch!!
#8ajr209Posted 4/9/2012 3:31:00 PM
IamI3rian posted...
ajr209 posted...

They patched it to work based on how much an item is worth. I'm just saying.

Well that sucks.
#9DocDeliciousPosted 4/9/2012 3:51:15 PM
What sucks? I'm so confused.

Powerleveling smithing with daggers still takes the exact same amount post-patch as it did pre. Just did it last night to test it out. It's just that now (supposedly) making more expensive stuff will level it faster. Which, like I said, is not how it worked for me. The value of the daggers that I crafted went up slightly as I leveled.
I'm planning on leveling smithing using Gold Rings on another character in the next couple days to see what the difference in leveling speed would be. Obviously you'd make more money from them that way but I don't think there'd be a significant difference in how fast you level.
I guess well see.
---
I'm not a man, I'm a weapon in human form. Just unsheathe me and point me at the enemy.