How do I make Blacksmith potions?

#1WilliambatsonPosted 4/13/2012 9:17:13 AM

This is actually my first time making a potion and I'm not entirely sure what I need for a Blacksmith potion, if it is even possible to make it anyway. :) Any help will be gladly appreciated. 

#2ZeldaFan737Posted 4/13/2012 9:24:24 AM
http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Fortify_Smithing

"The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Fortify Smithing:
Blisterwort (4)
Glowing Mushroom (3)
Sabre Cat Tooth (3)
Spriggan Sap (3)
Only two of these items are needed at once, not all of them."

Bam! There you go. :)
---
That's what I think, anyway.
#3Claimh_SoliasPosted 4/13/2012 9:25:21 AM
Williambatson posted...
This is actually my first time making a potion and I'm not entirely sure what I need for a Blacksmith potion, if it is even possible to make it anyway. :) Any help will be gladly appreciated.

Blisterwort
Glowing Mushroom
Sabre Cat Tooth
Spriggan Sap

All of these have the fortify blacksmithing attribute.
---
Was apea erra sos khal yor tasyue noes
....Orator of Ar Cielian....
#4Williambatson(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 9:33:51 AM
@ZeldaFan737 & @Claimh_Solias, Thanks for the help! :] I'll be sure to make a huge amount of Smithing potions! :D
#5psyco_mg_68Posted 4/13/2012 10:38:42 AM
Also it only works on improving armor and weapons. Iirc
---
9 years in the army and only thing i learned is my liver cant handle it
#6Williambatson(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 11:00:55 AM

psyco_mg_68 posted...
Also it only works on improving armor and weapons. Iirc
---
9 years in the army and only thing i learned is my liver cant handle it

Ah, not a problem for me really. That's the main reason why I want them. :)

#7elielitePosted 4/13/2012 12:14:13 PM
Best place for blisterwart is chillirend cavern due south of dragons bridge. 50 + every week or so. Best place for glowing mushrooms is tovars cave east of riften. 235+ another good spot is shimmermist cave just north of whiterun. 50 + glowing mushrooms and much smaller than tovars. Beware all locations have loads of falmer.
#8elielitePosted 4/13/2012 12:15:32 PM
Edit: chilliwind cavern.
#9Williambatson(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 4:10:24 PM
elielite posted...
Best place for blisterwart is chillirend cavern due south of dragons bridge. 50 + every week or so. Best place for glowing mushrooms is tovars cave east of riften. 235+ another good spot is shimmermist cave just north of whiterun. 50 + glowing mushrooms and much smaller than tovars. Beware all locations have loads of falmer.

Oh, cool! I'm not familiar with these places. But, I'll be sure to see if I can find them. :] Ah, no worries. I'LL SLAY THEM ALL! They can't do anything against my 137 Armor rating Daedric armor, my 60+ War-axe & Shield. :D
#10elielitePosted 4/13/2012 4:57:34 PM
Go bust em up shazaam! Be warned the very end of shimmermist has a high level falmer and dwarven centurian.