Patch 1.5 and I freeze every time I go into water

#1saintgabriel11Posted 4/15/2012 7:16:36 PM
This is the first time I've patched Skyrim since I've had the game.

I can walk in water, but once it gets to "eye level" or where the game would have to show me what is under water, the game freezes on me.

I heard something they did with the new patches was add some stuff under water...I don't know, but it kinda bites that my game crashes every time...
#2MercuryPSPPosted 4/15/2012 7:31:00 PM
Weird I haven't heard that one at all.... even searched water and freezing.

Nope didn't see 100 topics mentioning this already.
---
PSN: MercuryEQ
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/MercuryEQ
#3Shiro_IchimuraPosted 4/15/2012 7:37:21 PM
This happened to me twice now, in fact its why I came to the boards and alas, it was the first topic I see. So whats up with that?
---
IDK... My BFF Tutoria? http://i40.tinypic.com/331hsif.jpg (Thanks Pointman)
So... As I pray... UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!
#4NumenorPosted 4/15/2012 7:45:00 PM
It's just a bug. Delete the game install and the patch (NOT your saved games) and reinstall them. That will take care of it.
---
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. - Gandalf
#5luigi4728Posted 4/15/2012 7:54:59 PM
MercuryPSP posted...

Nope didn't see 10000 topics mentioning this already.

---
werewolfs like sandwiches
#6JiminipPosted 4/16/2012 12:00:14 AM
MercuryPSP posted...

Nope didn't see 100 topics mentioning this already.

---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#7Tad_DaintyPosted 4/16/2012 1:08:45 AM
are you using a male character? it's called "shrinkage". rampant in skyrim, except among True Nords
---
"Where's me hat?"
"You bet it, mug."
#8The LagPosted 4/16/2012 2:41:00 AM
as previously stated, delete the game data and the patch and then restart/reinstall. it should be fine then.
---
When my system needed to be cooler, I put a fonzi sticker on the case. Now it is cool as hell. - craftofthewise
#9saintgabriel11(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2012 10:59:18 AM
Thanks for the suggestion to delete game data and patch and re-install.

And thanks for trolling about not looking online and searching for it myself. I just figured I could rely on people on this message board because I was pretty sure someone else would've had/heard of the problem and let me know how to fix it.

Have a nice day, helpful people and trolls. Hopefully now I can go loot that corpse that I shot off that bridge into the water...
#10funzyrPosted 4/16/2012 11:44:34 AM
Give the game at lest 15 minutes to run scripts before you go into the water. And I'd also suggest making a brand new save file to expedite it.
---
Meh