Skyrim Info

#21SurvivorTypePosted 10/21/2011 4:26:55 AM
We finally get a sticky? Kudos to you, TC. I award you this in the spirit of thanks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXevu0GZqGs
---
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/survy23.png/
Movember is coming up guys. Join a team, and make things better for your fellow bros.
#22eddieham13Posted 10/21/2011 5:43:35 AM
You didn't mention that you can obtain companions in the game.

Companions can be people who you hire from the taverns or friends that want to come adventuring with you.

There is also a system in place that allows you to order your companions to kill something, sit down somewhere, pick up an item and something else I cant remember. It was all in the skyrim manual.
#23DoktoroktopusPosted 10/21/2011 1:47:19 PM
I'm not happy about that. I liked oblivion's loot method

What's stopping me from traveling the world at the beginning, going off to level, and then coming back over powered? I doubt anyone will plan to, but it sounds like an easily exploitable loop hole.
---
Cyrus is beating up baddies in Dark Souls! PSN: Puhgy
#24calimann83Posted 10/21/2011 2:47:05 PM
I was thinking that too, but after reading what people have said about Fallout I donít know so much anymore. I guess as long as you play normally it will not be an issue.

I donít know how large the areas are or how many there will be. If there are a lot of small ones then I think it will be okay. Also, they donít level the same as you. Some might start of much higher then you and no matter what stay high.

I donít know, I trust them... I think.
---
PSN: VipCk
#25Gladion20Posted 10/21/2011 3:09:54 PM
I'm just really not big on the whole getting a quest at level 20 and get given an item that is a level 1 item when you finish it.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
oh..I'm going to the special hell
#26DoktoroktopusPosted 10/21/2011 3:21:42 PM
Gladion20 posted...
I'm just really not big on the whole getting a quest at level 20 and get given an item that is a level 1 item when you finish it.

Yeah, this doesn't make sense either. Between the two systems, I'd appreciate scaling-as-I-journey a bit more, no doubt.
---
Cyrus is beating up baddies in Dark Souls! PSN: Puhgy
#27heyitsthatguy11Posted 10/21/2011 9:11:36 PM
Wait... please tell me this isnt like Fallout in the sense that nothing respawns... it's part of the reason i HATED Fallout NV (the only Fallout i played)... i enjoy grinding in rpg's, getting more powerful, and still having a sort of challenge in the form of a superboss or something, but Fallout annoyed me because of it's leveling system and limited mutants/creatures to kill... this will be my first TES game, so please tell me enemies respawn. Obviously villagers and the like wont respawn, but what of the monsters?
---
http://postimage.org/image/y796ktdw/full/
Official Gaara of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#28Gladion20Posted 10/21/2011 10:15:11 PM
heyitsthatguy11 posted...
Wait... please tell me this isnt like Fallout in the sense that nothing respawns... it's part of the reason i HATED Fallout NV (the only Fallout i played)... i enjoy grinding in rpg's, getting more powerful, and still having a sort of challenge in the form of a superboss or something, but Fallout annoyed me because of it's leveling system and limited mutants/creatures to kill... this will be my first TES game, so please tell me enemies respawn. Obviously villagers and the like wont respawn, but what of the monsters?

They should, every 3 days, and I think unnamed villagers will respawn, named ones wont though.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
oh..I'm going to the special hell
#29heyitsthatguy11Posted 10/22/2011 5:34:21 AM
Gladion20 posted...
heyitsthatguy11 posted...

They should, every 3 days, and I think unnamed villagers will respawn, named ones wont though.

Ok, thats good to hear.
---
http://postimage.org/image/y796ktdw/full/
Official Gaara of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#30JackalPosted 10/24/2011 8:27:21 AM
- 3rd Person View has been improved thanks to new animations but 1st person is still the main way to play

This is all I wanted to know. As long as the entire game can be played in the 3rd Person I can look into this game. I can't play the First Person perspective.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak