Reviews for this game?

#1bvanbovePosted 11/11/2011 6:56:52 AM
So ive watched a couple of the legitimate reviews for this game (IGN, Machinima, etc...) as in people who get paid to do this stuff. And so far ive seen 9.5 across the board pretty much. which is absolutely fantastic and Bethesda should be proud. However....

The negative of each review are the same. Some glitches DUE to the fact that game is soooo large and intricate. Melee combat still isnt as violent and visceral as they would like but is by far the best in the series. And some character models arent perfected. So...why is this game not a 10? If these are your biggest complaints, basically all things that should be expected because of the size of the game. I mean if these problems didnt exist the game should get a 11/10 as that would be some stroke of shear genius. I just dont quite get from a gaming and business standpoint why you wouldnt give the game a 10 if its supposedly the best game in a great RPG series, perhaps one of the best RPGs ever, and one of the most immersive and exciting games ever. Just a bit confused.

Not that it didnt deserve it, but if Uncharted 2 could get a 10, as great as that game was, this game should easily warrant one if not only for shear content.
---
Is it true that if you don't use it......you lose it???
#2todd_360Posted 11/11/2011 6:58:14 AM
When MW3 can manage the same score as a game like this it calls into question how much stock should be put into reviews anyway. Just play the game and enjoy it. Reviews don't matter as long as you're having a blast playing it.
---
PSN ID: todd360
Currently Playing: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Batman: Arkham City
#3skaskiPosted 11/11/2011 7:00:37 AM
It has generated its fair share of 10s. Wired, Escapist, Joystiq, Destructoid, Giant Bomb...
---
the solenoid robot is
dzzt
#4bvanbove(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 7:07:10 AM
Oh i am playing this game. I do tend to use reviews as a bit of a guide, but basically if its over a 8 i will play it (if i had already planned to). Its an old habit from my days w/o the internet when the only information you got about games was from reviews in Nintendo Magazine...since you had NO clue what you were getting into when you bought a new game except for what the pros told you about it.

And wait....MW3 got a 9.5? I mean i love the game but....idk. I guess its to shooters what this game is to RPGs...kinda sorta.

Either way, the written reviews are always last on my list as at 8am im not too keen on sitting and reading a 6 page review, but I was sure there were plenty of 10s out there. Was more just wondering why this game would get a 9.5 when there are people giving it 10s and everyone has the exact same negatives about it. Difference of opinion...probably so.
---
#5TanthalasPosted 11/11/2011 7:15:12 AM
The glitches may be expected for such a large game, but that doesn't mean that their existence shouldn't detract from the overall score.
---
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
#6skaskiPosted 11/11/2011 7:20:38 AM
like personally, i'd never give a game a 10. it's sort of a mythical ceiling; it can't be reached. it implies a game is perfect and can't be improved upon. that it doesn't have any flaws. usually when i see a 'perfect' score, i sort of cringe.

that said, based on what i've played of skyrim, i'd give it a 9.9. and a half.
---
the solenoid robot is
dzzt
#7bvanbove(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 7:29:54 AM
skaski posted...
like personally, i'd never give a game a 10. it's sort of a mythical ceiling; it can't be reached. it implies a game is perfect and can't be improved upon. that it doesn't have any flaws. usually when i see a 'perfect' score, i sort of cringe.

that said, based on what i've played of skyrim, i'd give it a 9.9. and a half.

lol...now im sold. that extra .45 sold me completely. Yeah, a 10 does mean a game is perfect. Like i said, thats why Uncharted 2 got it. Not the best/most enjoyable game ive played, but definitely the most perfect game ive ever played. Either way, im looking forward to picking this up. Sadly i have to go out of town this weekend so it'll be another 3-4 days...ENJOY FOR ME!
---
#8EbonicPlaguePosted 11/11/2011 7:34:55 AM(edited)
It's a bethesda game, so glitches will always hold it back, but I feel like people expect that at this point.

If anything, I'd say the main factor in the .5 lower score is the combat. With games like Dark Souls doing it so well, how you can honestly expect this game to get a perfect score with subpar combat?
---
PSN: Lacon
Yes, I am Captain Internet.