Forbidden Legends ( maybe side quest spoilers)

#1manicorabsPosted 11/12/2011 7:07:49 PM
So I'm doing the the Forbidden Legend quest that started after a was given a note from a friend to go to Falguanthor. Inside I found a journal that told me of these three amulet pieces. I got the one from Falguanthor then I went Geirnund's Hall and beat that dungeon. Now I'm at Saarthal but the door says I need a key. Where can I get that key?
---
I'm the craziest of the crazy. I'm Manicorabs!!!!!!!!!!!
#2saintkdPosted 11/12/2011 7:10:27 PM
You need to go to the mages guild.

Not 100% on whether you need to join it but i am pretty sure you do that dungeon is also a mage guild quest
---
Let me just pull the answer to slavery and exploitation right out of my ass. Seeing as I have the resources and money to do so. IronSparkSword
#3manicorabs(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2011 7:29:50 PM
Ok so I went to the mages guild but they won't let me in unless I prove that I can summon a flame atronach. Thing is my character is 100% meele based. My magika is the same as when I started the game. I need 32 magkia to use the spell. Is there any way to temporarily increase that?
---
#4manicorabs(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2011 8:24:15 PM
bump
---
#5saintkdPosted 11/13/2011 4:10:54 AM
Potions and such.

Although i think i only had to use firebolt on the seal at the front of the bridge to get in.
---
Let me just pull the answer to slavery and exploitation right out of my ass. Seeing as I have the resources and money to do so. IronSparkSword
#6J_BeastleyPosted 11/13/2011 4:20:14 AM
I'm having trouble on a puzzle in Geirnurd's Hall (sp?).
The only where you look and there's steps leading to a slightly flooded room, and there's 4 of the wall carving in order clockwise from the front left are bird, slaughterfish, snake, slaughterfish.
---
___ ( )> LSU CSC
\____/ PSN: beastley325
#7manicorabs(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 8:56:33 AM
I found a potion to get enough magika to summon the Flame Atronach and then a dragon attacked. I saw it flying around when I first arrived in Windhelm but it just flew off. I think its a bad design to force you to join the mages guild just to finish this quest.

J_Beastley posted...
I'm having trouble on a puzzle in Geirnurd's Hall (sp?).
The only where you look and there's steps leading to a slightly flooded room, and there's 4 of the wall carving in order clockwise from the front left are bird, slaughterfish, snake, slaughterfish.

At the entrance to that the room there should be four carvings, two on each wall. They correspond with the four carvings. the ones of the left wall correspond with the ones on the left and vise versa. Also there is a lever you have to pull later on in the dungeon. It will shoot out spikes. Turn around and look up and there is the correct lever to pull.
---