Does Magicka regen stack?

#11JoolsyPosted 11/13/2011 1:17:41 AM
I'm sure no-one is doubting your word at all bro.

I'm wondering if it's glitchy and combining all associated effects in the list because that is a whole lot of effects for a single item to grant.

Do you have a +50 Magika boost from any other source?
---
~ Ye Olde Schule ~
#12ZyloWolfBane(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 1:29:11 AM(edited)
Joolsy posted...
I'm sure no-one is doubting your word at all bro.

I'm wondering if it's glitchy and combining all associated effects in the list because that is a whole lot of effects for a single item to grant.

Do you have a +50 Magika boost from any other source?

Yes, I actually thought that same thing once you said the guide only listed one bonus so I took off all of my items to see if the robes would change, however the robes did not change, they still provided the stats even with the Mask and Necklace removed.

I have a Necklace on that adds +50 magicka, could be that the robes are bugged, however the effects screen shows the same effect as do each of the items in question.

Very strange >.<

EDIT- I have 350 Magicka with both items on, I take them both off one by one and I end up with 250.

Which means they are both adding 50 Magicka as intended.

So Im guessing the guide has a typo concerning that item.
---
~Peace obtained through superior firepower!!~
#13JoolsyPosted 11/13/2011 1:24:33 AM
lol, good work bro, at least we got to the bottom of it.

That is an odd one, well worth knowing too.

;)
---
~ Ye Olde Schule ~
#14sparethumbPosted 11/13/2011 1:31:35 AM
When you're timing the regen are you taking into account the extra magika?
---
Your about as deep as a shallow puddle on a sunny day!
PSN:sparethumb (UK)
#15ZyloWolfBane(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 1:38:49 AM
sparethumb posted...

Yes, at least to my eyes it doesnt seem to regen any faster, I've not got a Stopwatch handy or a phone with a function available so I cant go on anything other than my sight.

It wouldnt make sense for the regen to stack otherwise there would be items that provide regen higher than 100%, I just wanted to make sure that they really did or didnt so I didnt have to keep using items that werent really providing any additional benefits.

Cause alot of those Dragon Priest Masks are really nice lol.
---
~Peace obtained through superior firepower!!~
#16SunricerPosted 11/13/2011 2:24:02 AM(edited)

sparethumb posted...

Yes, at least to my eyes it doesn't seem to regen any faster, I've not got a Stopwatch handy or a phone with a function available so I cant go on anything other than my sight.

It wouldnt make sense for the regen to stack otherwise there would be items that provide regen higher than 100%, I just wanted to make sure that they really did or didn't so I didnt have to keep using items that weren't really providing any additional benefits.

Cause alot of those Dragon Priest Masks are really nice lol.

I don't know if this helps, but with only a ring and a amulet, 33% and 25% regen on them, combined to make a total of 58%, anyway.
It took 23 seconds to regen my mana, when I equip the robe (100% regen increase" it took 13 seconds.

Does that help? I didn't test this with a stopwatch or anything though, so I don't know. I just assume that the 100% might of stacked with my already 58% or something. Took even longer without any regen items equipped
#17KrowsPosted 11/13/2011 2:43:01 AM
I am not sure about stacking, but I know the cap is not 100%. I currently possess a robe that gives 125% to mana regen (and -20% cost of destro spells)
---
I nominate this for the worst argument and dumbest post award- exid11
#18Zensh0Posted 11/14/2011 11:09:48 AM
They do stack to a degree, i drained my magic down to 0 with both on and with the mask off.
With both the robes and the mask i regened back to full in 11 seconds, with only the robes it took 17.
#19H_Ercule_SPosted 11/15/2011 8:18:58 PM
Magicka regeneration does stack. Wearing an Amulet of Akatosh(25%), Robes of Regeneration (100%) and a -17% destruction cost helmet, these are my findings:

Amulet + Helmet: 27 seconds
Robes + Helmet: 17 seconds
Helmet only: 34 seconds
Amulet, Robes and Helmet: 15 seconds

None of them give any magicka pool boost.

Winned...