Where are all the Dwarves?

#1Drakeon01Posted 11/13/2011 4:02:19 AM
There is Dwarven weapons and such, but where are the Dwarves themselves?
#2KingofDeceit666Posted 11/13/2011 4:03:40 AM
You must be new to the series.

They're all dead, or have gone somewhere else.

No one knows where the Dwarves are for sure.
---
"Such a lot the gods gave to me--to me, the dazed, the disappointed; the barren, the broken."~H.P. Lovecraft
#3divinerulerPosted 11/13/2011 4:16:53 AM
From what I understand (or think I do) they spurned the gods and focused on developing advanced technology instead.

Gods got butthurt and wiped them out or something.
---
PSN: sobertom
#4Brenz0rPosted 11/13/2011 4:29:02 AM(edited)
The gods (by which I presume you mean Aedra and Daedra) didn't destroy them as far as we know.

Elder Scrolls dwarves are a subspecies of elf, who shunned the Ancestor worship of the Velothi people in favour of science and logic. They tried to create a new god (Anumidium) by tapping into the Heart of Lorkhan, which was also meant to break them down and rebuild them as divine beings. They tried to use the process of the Earth Bones (laws of nature) in reverse. Unfortunately, they got as far as the breaking down part, and then it is believed that they deleted themselves from reality by accident (there is only one known survivor).

It's also thought that a Dragon Break may have played some part in their erasure, since it happened around the same time (which is both figurative, literal and completely inaccurate, given what a Dragon Break is).
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#5SurvivorTypePosted 11/13/2011 4:29:38 AM
Elder Scrolls 6: Dwarves are back.... and they're riding DRAGONS!
---
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/survy23.png/
http://au.movember.com/?home (Want to help Men's Health? Take a look see here)
#6willchudPosted 11/13/2011 4:43:49 AM
If I remember correctly (and I probably don't because this was a long time ago) there was either 1 or 2 dwarves alive in game in one of the elder scrolls 3 expansions. One was hooked up to life support machines and revered as a god and the other was obese and needed a spider-robot for his legs (he didn't have any).
#7friday1985Posted 11/13/2011 4:48:34 AM
They not dwarves there just vertically challenged!
#8Drakeon01(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 8:28:42 PM
Okay, thanks. I started with Oblivion but never got around to reading the history books on dwarves.
#9Gladion20Posted 11/13/2011 8:34:41 PM
willchud posted...
If I remember correctly (and I probably don't because this was a long time ago) there was either 1 or 2 dwarves alive in game in one of the elder scrolls 3 expansions. One was hooked up to life support machines and revered as a god and the other was obese and needed a spider-robot for his legs (he didn't have any).

The one hooked up to the machines and revered as a god, was a god, he was sotha sil, not a dwarf.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
http://throughtheroughandtumble.blogspot.com/
#10JG1083Posted 11/13/2011 8:51:32 PM
They all migrated to Thedas.
---
lol @ my karma
XBL Gamertag: CF1083 | PSN: CrashFlash64