Does Hunting wild animals count as assault

#1ctu14Posted 11/13/2011 11:06:36 AM
I noticed that I had 3 assaults listed in the crime stats and had no idea where they came from, the only reason I could think of was I had shoot a few bandits with my bow without them knowing I was there.

Then I was out traveling and saw an elk and decided to shoot it with my bow, For same reason I decided to check my crime stats again and found that the assaults one had gone up by one again.

So does attacking unaware animals count as assault, cos isn't that apart of hunting or is it a glitch, I can understand it being assault with people even bandits but not animals
#2VangboiPosted 11/13/2011 11:13:26 AM
No hunting wild animals does not count as assault or bandits but if you killed animals in the towns then yes it counts as an assault
#3NiakaiNPosted 11/13/2011 11:15:14 AM
I think if you accidentally hit your companion while in the field it might count as assault
#4RafedxPosted 11/13/2011 11:18:18 AM
ctu14 posted...
I noticed that I had 3 assaults listed in the crime stats and had no idea where they came from, the only reason I could think of was I had shoot a few bandits with my bow without them knowing I was there.

Then I was out traveling and saw an elk and decided to shoot it with my bow, For same reason I decided to check my crime stats again and found that the assaults one had gone up by one again.

So does attacking unaware animals count as assault, cos isn't that apart of hunting or is it a glitch, I can understand it being assault with people even bandits but not animals

I hunt all the time, and no it does not count as a crime. With that said though, there was a hunter outside the village when you first gain total control, I saw a dog and thought it was a wolf, yeah well I killed a hunters dog and he came at me, had to kill him too.....I told him it was a mistake and I would buy him a new one......but he had to die anyways. lol
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every Wednesday
#5ctu14(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 11:21:07 AM
That's strange then cos as I said i'v got 4 assaults listed in the stats and I haven't attacked any town animals or people
#6fuelbombPosted 11/13/2011 11:40:40 AM
I've noticed that I have like ~30 assaults, even though I've yet to commit any crimes or get a bounty in any of the cities. I'm wondering if it's some sort of weird glitch or something where first-striking bandits or something is counting as crimes.
---
PSN: autism_ftw
XBL: baggedsalad
#7ctu14(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 6:32:40 AM
Well I'v now tested this and yes attacking none hostile animals does count as assault, I purposely took count of how many assaults I had then went out and killed an elk and a rabbit and my assault count went up.
So is this a glitch or have something, the only thing I can think of is this was near the first town so maybe the game is treating the animals as town animals like the famous chickens, I'll hunt away from any towns and see what happens.
#8CottagepkzPosted 11/14/2011 6:34:23 AM
There are certain regions of Skyrim which are protected. So if you kill a "wild" animal where a Haafingar Guard patrols, you are killing something on their property which they guard.
---
PSN: Cottagepk
Proud member of the Hobos clan ( link here: hobos.comze.com) in MAG, MW2, and BFBC2
#9ctu14(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 6:59:13 AM
^^ thanks, so my guess about it being near the town was right then, does that mean that the areas around all towns are protected then.

So this means we have to be careful where we hunt or live with lots of assaults on are records then
#10CottagepkzPosted 11/14/2011 7:00:43 AM
No problem, but I only know of two areas with a vast range. The Reach and Haafingar. If you find anymore, keep on the lookout.
---
PSN: Cottagepk
Proud member of the Hobos clan ( link here: hobos.comze.com) in MAG, MW2, and BFBC2