Contract taken out on me for stealing?

#1femiwhatPosted 11/13/2011 10:21:34 AM
Yes, yes, I'm a terrible person. A thief. A burglar. I burgled. I did.

But the silly alchemy lady whose name is on the contract was asleep when I did it, I swear!

I entered her shop to buy things (honest! to BUY things!) and was attacked by two or three "hired thugs." One of them carried a contract instructing to teach "that thief Sigrun" (that's me) a lesson.

Of course, she's never said anything to me that would cost her a sale...

Is this the way NPCs react to theft instead of getting mad and calling a guard or attacking or whatever? And is everyone psychic now, instead of just the guards, or is this a bug? (Shop seemed bugged while I was robbing it. She was asleep--I checked!--but I still kept hearing her say all of the stupid stuff she says about browsing while I was cleaning her out.)
---
"The problem with quotations on the internet is that they're not verifiable." -- Abraham Lincoln
(Profile/Quote for contact info)
#2Yuji KaidoPosted 11/13/2011 10:23:33 AM
I think we are supposed to assume they put 2 and 2 together when it comes to missing stuff. Eh. Three guys tried to attack me outside a shop in Solitude. They all died.
---
"Feel the first beats of time ! FALL. Big bang !!!" - Arietta, TOA
Sazh - Racist mockery and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
#3mjhbombPosted 11/13/2011 10:23:42 AM
I think its a random thing if you steal anything then a contract gets taken out on you even if no one saw you. Happened to me and no one saw me steal so it must just be a system in the game.
---
PS3 Games - 120 ~ PS2 Games - 98 ~ PSP Games - 18 ~ Wii Games - 11 ~ DS Games - 8 ~ XBox 360 Games - 40 ~ some PS1, PC, Xbox, Gamecube and Sega Game Gear! :-)
#4Gladion20Posted 11/13/2011 10:25:05 AM
I had the same thing happen to me, only problem is I don't even remember who it was that set the contract. Hein I think was the signature, I could be wrong there might of been a g in there.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
http://throughtheroughandtumble.blogspot.com/
#5zegram33Posted 11/13/2011 10:31:08 AM
if you kill the person, one of their relatives will take out a contract for your thieveng (not the killing, they don care bout that)
i stole from

*****************************maybe spoilers**********************************

that crazy witch lady outside riverwood, then the moira person she was writing a letter too sent the contract, despite the fact that all i stole ws the letter
#6Solid_SebPosted 11/13/2011 10:31:21 AM
Yea happened to me too. I steal as much as I can as often as from any place I can, so I wasn't too surprised, but I've always been careful to never got spotted, and keep my bounty at zero.

I guess some people prefer not to report crimes they see and take matters into their own hands? It was lisbet who sent the thugs btw.

I also had the dark brotherhood try to kill me in the same way. Their contract didn't tell me who sent it though.
#7KingofDeceit666Posted 11/13/2011 10:34:27 AM
Yeah, I've never been caught stealing, but I had a contract taken out on me for it from some dude named Alvor that I can't place.

It was actually a really big help, because they showed up right when I decided to take on one of those super-powerful named liches that are sometimes entombed next to dragon walls, and they helped me fight it off--then turned on me and I killed them too. If they weren't there (or Barbas) I would have died for sure.

I'm stealing more now. lol
---
"Such a lot the gods gave to me--to me, the dazed, the disappointed; the barren, the broken."~H.P. Lovecraft
#8manicorabsPosted 11/13/2011 10:57:16 AM
They attacked me right after I had cleared out a fort of bandits. They strolled in after the fight, said hello and procced to attack. They didn't last very long.
---
I'm the craziest of the crazy. I'm Manicorabs!!!!!!!!!!!