Contract taken out on me for stealing?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Contract taken out on me for stealing?
4 years ago#1
Yes, yes, I'm a terrible person. A thief. A burglar. I burgled. I did.

But the silly alchemy lady whose name is on the contract was asleep when I did it, I swear!

I entered her shop to buy things (honest! to BUY things!) and was attacked by two or three "hired thugs." One of them carried a contract instructing to teach "that thief Sigrun" (that's me) a lesson.

Of course, she's never said anything to me that would cost her a sale...

Is this the way NPCs react to theft instead of getting mad and calling a guard or attacking or whatever? And is everyone psychic now, instead of just the guards, or is this a bug? (Shop seemed bugged while I was robbing it. She was asleep--I checked!--but I still kept hearing her say all of the stupid stuff she says about browsing while I was cleaning her out.)
"The problem with quotations on the internet is that they're not verifiable." -- Abraham Lincoln
(Profile/Quote for contact info)
4 years ago#2
I think we are supposed to assume they put 2 and 2 together when it comes to missing stuff. Eh. Three guys tried to attack me outside a shop in Solitude. They all died.
"Feel the first beats of time ! FALL. Big bang !!!" - Arietta, TOA
Sazh - Racist mockery and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
4 years ago#3
I think its a random thing if you steal anything then a contract gets taken out on you even if no one saw you. Happened to me and no one saw me steal so it must just be a system in the game.
PS3 Games - 120 ~ PS2 Games - 98 ~ PSP Games - 18 ~ Wii Games - 11 ~ DS Games - 8 ~ XBox 360 Games - 40 ~ some PS1, PC, Xbox, Gamecube and Sega Game Gear! :-)
4 years ago#4
I had the same thing happen to me, only problem is I don't even remember who it was that set the contract. Hein I think was the signature, I could be wrong there might of been a g in there.
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
4 years ago#5
if you kill the person, one of their relatives will take out a contract for your thieveng (not the killing, they don care bout that)
i stole from

*****************************maybe spoilers**********************************

that crazy witch lady outside riverwood, then the moira person she was writing a letter too sent the contract, despite the fact that all i stole ws the letter
4 years ago#6
Yea happened to me too. I steal as much as I can as often as from any place I can, so I wasn't too surprised, but I've always been careful to never got spotted, and keep my bounty at zero.

I guess some people prefer not to report crimes they see and take matters into their own hands? It was lisbet who sent the thugs btw.

I also had the dark brotherhood try to kill me in the same way. Their contract didn't tell me who sent it though.
4 years ago#7
Yeah, I've never been caught stealing, but I had a contract taken out on me for it from some dude named Alvor that I can't place.

It was actually a really big help, because they showed up right when I decided to take on one of those super-powerful named liches that are sometimes entombed next to dragon walls, and they helped me fight it off--then turned on me and I killed them too. If they weren't there (or Barbas) I would have died for sure.

I'm stealing more now. lol
"Such a lot the gods gave to me--to me, the dazed, the disappointed; the barren, the broken."~H.P. Lovecraft
4 years ago#8
They attacked me right after I had cleared out a fort of bandits. They strolled in after the fight, said hello and procced to attack. They didn't last very long.
I'm the craziest of the crazy. I'm Manicorabs!!!!!!!!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Contract taken out on me for stealing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived