Dual -Casting and Conjuration

#1douglas7777Posted 11/13/2011 12:21:07 PM
I read that dual-casting bound weapons increases their damage. The guide says dual-casting just makes conjuration spells last longer. Has anyone tried dual-casting the bound axe ? Does it increase the duration or damage?
#2LandscapeManXPosted 11/13/2011 12:35:55 PM
douglas7777 posted...
I read that dual-casting bound weapons increases their damage. The guide says dual-casting just makes conjuration spells last longer. Has anyone tried dual-casting the bound axe ? Does it increase the duration or damage?

Don't you need perks for those, to make it last longer or make them stronger...
I know i've bought a perk to make bound weapons stronger.
---
BookzLoliz posted: I went in there like a damn boss and came out of there a female secretary.
#3douglas7777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 1:09:13 AM
I know there is a perk for increasing the damage of bound weapons. I was wondering if dual-casting increases the damage of bound weapons or just makes them last longer.
#4boxer_shanxPosted 11/15/2011 8:29:04 AM
There is a special strike (hold down both attacks buttons) that does more damage than a regular strike, this is what they mean by dual wielding bound weapons does more damage. It says in the description for the perk, that dual wielding only increases duration, not damage.
#5douglas7777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 10:21:02 AM
Thanks for the info boxer. Does anyone know the base damage of bound weapons? Searched the internet couldnt find any info.
#6tw1g_007Posted 11/15/2011 10:24:57 AM
If you want my opinion don't pick the Dual Cast perk because it is a waste in the long run. Here is why:

1) Your REGULAR weapons with enchantments will outdamage your Bound weapons down the line so increasing the duration of bound weapons is ideally a wasted perk. Why increase duration anyway? You want to keep summoning these weapons for fast conjuration level ups.

2) Increasing duration for summons like Atronach and Undead is a waste because as you play the game and level up your conjuration, you will be able to summon permanent Atronachs that don't disappear until they get killed (or you banish them).

Hope this helps.
---
Gunlance FAQ can be found @ the minegarde video section [ http://forums.minegarde.com/forum/67-video-guides/ ] (The FAQ Roughly @ 80% completion)
#7HalecticPosted 11/15/2011 10:48:37 AM
Bound weapons do the same damage as a standard Daedric weapon of the same type
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#8douglas7777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 10:41:13 PM
Thanks for the info. What about the damage perk for bound weapons? I think this with the soul-trap and transform may make them as good as any end-game weapon?
#9OrangeWizardPosted 11/15/2011 10:51:44 PM

Bound weapons do the same damage as a standard Daedric weapon of the same type

I read that on the Wiki too.

However, that was for Oblivion.

I have yet to see any proof of bound weapons, and the damage they do, inthis game.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops