Can't steal ring in Riften

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Can't steal ring in Riften
4 years ago#1
I am trying to steal Medasi's ring for Brynjolf, but can't do it without being detected...I can open it with ease, but then when I head to the front to open it, its impossible, tried every which way, if anyone has an idea, I would appreciate it...guides on this site said it was easy, and I assume it is, but beats me. Thank you for any real help.
4 years ago#2
You aren't supposed to successfully steal it, I think. The quest continues even if you fail.
---
"Today, world. This is basic spoken. God inhale computer. Hardly consumer, but with a modest water fowl." -Babelfish
4 years ago#3

You aren't supposed to successfully steal it, I think. The quest continues even if you fail.

I've sucessfully stolen it.

Just make sure it says your hidden when you're doing everything.
---
'97 Camry <3: http://i.imgur.com/nqpyu.png
PSN: D4RK M4R10 / 3DS:: 2191 - 7636 - 8794
4 years ago#4
If you fail you go to prison, so that can't be it and if you have done it thats nice...but how?
4 years ago#5
Like I said, all I did was crouch behind the cart, made sure no one was around me (guards etc.)
---
http://i.imgur.com/IN4JL.png
PSN: D4RK M4R10 / 3DS:: 2191 - 7636 - 8794
4 years ago#6
Your doing it wrong, you don't go for a ring in the display case. You have to open the little door on the back and then open the strong box inside. The ring is a named ring. can't miss it.
4 years ago#7
it allowed you to grab the ring from behind? Because for me, it only lets me close the case.
4 years ago#8
Did you talk to Byrjolf (or whatever the hell his name is) and tell him to start his diversion before you attempt to steal the ring?
---
PSN: carpathian666 XBL: godequalslie
Playing: BF3, Skyrim, GT5.
4 years ago#9
Had it too... Sometimes it's just impossible. With my second character it was easy...
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
4 years ago#10
TC, read my last post and you'll be alright
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Can't steal ring in Riften

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived