Can't steal ring in Riften

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Can't steal ring in Riften

User Info: maguey68

maguey68
5 years ago#1
I am trying to steal Medasi's ring for Brynjolf, but can't do it without being detected...I can open it with ease, but then when I head to the front to open it, its impossible, tried every which way, if anyone has an idea, I would appreciate it...guides on this site said it was easy, and I assume it is, but beats me. Thank you for any real help.

User Info: akurixs

akurixs
5 years ago#2
You aren't supposed to successfully steal it, I think. The quest continues even if you fail.
"Today, world. This is basic spoken. God inhale computer. Hardly consumer, but with a modest water fowl." -Babelfish

User Info: urmomishawt04

urmomishawt04
5 years ago#3

You aren't supposed to successfully steal it, I think. The quest continues even if you fail.

I've sucessfully stolen it.

Just make sure it says your hidden when you're doing everything.
'97 Camry <3: http://i.imgur.com/nqpyu.png
PSN: D4RK M4R10 / 3DS:: 2191 - 7636 - 8794

maguey68
5 years ago#4
If you fail you go to prison, so that can't be it and if you have done it thats nice...but how?

User Info: urmomishawt04

urmomishawt04
5 years ago#5
Like I said, all I did was crouch behind the cart, made sure no one was around me (guards etc.)
http://i.imgur.com/IN4JL.png
PSN: D4RK M4R10 / 3DS:: 2191 - 7636 - 8794

User Info: jswabb

jswabb
5 years ago#6
Your doing it wrong, you don't go for a ring in the display case. You have to open the little door on the back and then open the strong box inside. The ring is a named ring. can't miss it.

maguey68
5 years ago#7
it allowed you to grab the ring from behind? Because for me, it only lets me close the case.

User Info: carpathian666

carpathian666
5 years ago#8
Did you talk to Byrjolf (or whatever the hell his name is) and tell him to start his diversion before you attempt to steal the ring?
PSN: carpathian666 XBL: godequalslie
Playing: BF3, Skyrim, GT5.

User Info: united_kirby

united_kirby
5 years ago#9
Had it too... Sometimes it's just impossible. With my second character it was easy...
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9

User Info: jswabb

jswabb
5 years ago#10
TC, read my last post and you'll be alright
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Can't steal ring in Riften

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived