Sold my thieves guild armor, cant finish the questline, any help?

#1Ripebear08Posted 11/18/2011 8:35:14 AM
I think a few people are in the same situation as me. I sold my thieves guild armor but now I've done all the quests up to the point where I become master.

I am unable to finish it because It says I still need to upgrade my armor from a previous mission, making me unable to talk to Tonilia.

I've tried a few things, killing a guild member to get armor, pickpocketing the woman. Also tried looking round shops to see if I could buy it back. But I think even rare items reset after 2 days.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solution or any idea if Bethesda know about it?

I know It was stupid in the first place to sell such a thing when I could have put it in a chest, but I never thought for one second it could stop me completing the questline.

Any help is appreciated.
#2oz_hensonPosted 11/18/2011 8:39:09 AM
Im in the same boat. Seems fairly common, so hopefully someone will resolve it fairly soon.
#3Gladion20Posted 11/18/2011 8:40:48 AM
In the last thread on this someone mentioned about an All-Purpose armor chest that had it in there, granted before that they were talking about using PC commands, so I don't know if its just on the PC, or if its on PS3 as well.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
http://throughtheroughandtumble.blogspot.com/
#4Ripebear08(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 8:43:12 AM
Totally. Yeah I'm on console so not much chance there I'm afraid. I spent all day yesterday finishing thieves guild so I hope there's a fix sometime soon!
#5Gladion20Posted 11/18/2011 8:45:47 AM
Ripebear08 posted...
Totally. Yeah I'm on console so not much chance there I'm afraid. I spent all day yesterday finishing thieves guild so I hope there's a fix sometime soon!

I ment that I don't know if the chest is on the PS3 verson as well, sorry it was kinda confusing how I worded that. If it's not, I'd say email bethesda, they give contact info in the game manual, and see what they have to say about it.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
http://throughtheroughandtumble.blogspot.com/
#6CaliaztecPosted 11/18/2011 8:47:12 AM
Don't know what kind of fix you are expecting. It's not a bug you sold an item that you shouldn't have. Its a game of choices, and those choices stick. Don't count of Bethesda changing the programming so you can get the armor again they have other things to fix other then things that areant broken. Hope I'm not coming off like a jerk but anyone whose played an elder scrolls game knows that if you do something damaging to your story you either need to have an older save or start new.
#7oz_hensonPosted 11/18/2011 8:49:43 AM
It is still absolutely a bug. The woman you are supposed to exchange it with is also the fence in Ruften, and you cant even buy and sell from her unless you swap armors. From what I understand alot of people have this issue, so I can see the first big patch fixing it up, if only to allow me to buy and sell from her
#8SpacePirateSealPosted 11/18/2011 8:51:08 AM
Caliaztec posted...
Don't know what kind of fix you are expecting. It's not a bug you sold an item that you shouldn't have. Its a game of choices, and those choices stick. Don't count of Bethesda changing the programming so you can get the armor again they have other things to fix other then things that areant broken. Hope I'm not coming off like a jerk but anyone whose played an elder scrolls game knows that if you do something damaging to your story you either need to have an older save or start new.

Actually... It is kinda BS... Some characters (like mine) have very low encumbrance, so because of that I sell my garbage. The armor shouldn't be able to be sold if it was important like those stupid amulet fragments.
---
PSN->TheReal_Seal SSF4AE Mains: Vega Sub: Orochi_Oni, Yang!
Chunli-"you wouldn't want to touch any other stick."PKMN Black FC: 4427 2869 9532
#9will57Posted 11/18/2011 8:52:49 AM
Well I really wouldn't say it was a stupid thing to do since it seems so many of us have done it (and this is just on Gamefaqs), as well as it seems like it's easy to overlook something like this being possible. Anyway though, I don't think this can be solved through anything other than maybe a patch I guess (although I wouldn't call it a glitch exactly), or just making another character.

I plan on making another character anyway so I don't mind at all. Still it is something that quite honestly shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. Even a warning of some sort would of made this completely ok in my opinion.
---
Currently playing-Elder Scrolls Skyrim (PS3), MW3 (PS3), and Fate/Extra (PSP).
#10Kirby Driver RebornPosted 11/18/2011 8:53:57 AM
Don't sell things you get from a quest? Buy a house and put it in your house chest?!
---
Fly Eagles Fly, On the Road to Victory!
http://last.fm/user/xdevilbunny || http://rateyourmusic.com/~VelociBrad