Potentially game-ending glitch (Ulfric and Galmer) *minor spoilers*

#1apollolypticPosted 11/18/2011 3:08:49 PM
I'm on the main quest where you're supposed to try to get Ulfric Stormcloak to come to High Hrothgar (Season Unending). The problem is, he keeps telling me to talk to Galmer (about an earlier quest where you fight an ice wraith, but which I haven't had time to do until now). Galmer won't actually talk to me--he keeps saying he can't believe I convinced Ulfric to go to High Hrothgar, which hasn't happened yet because Ulfric won't talk to me. Neither of them bring up actual speech menus (no choice of what to ask or anything).

Any ideas on how I might be able to get out of this? I'm up to level 16 and I don't want to start the whole game over. Is there some way I can follow up with Bethesda about this?
#2BottomFeederJaxPosted 11/19/2011 7:59:55 PM
Im having the exact same problem, Ive tried talking to everyone else, waiting a few days, sleeping, even being jailed for a long time and they still wont talk to me!!! Please help!
#3LunarRoarPosted 11/19/2011 8:29:22 PM
Go to Bethesda's official forum and complain about it there, they should be able to give you more direct guidance.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
#4TruePowerSeekerPosted 11/19/2011 8:33:36 PM
Yikes that is bad.
I am glad that I did the main quest first as I assumed it would impose on any quests I was doing with the civil war.
---
The Official Insane Swordsman of PotD
#5Minnesota_FlashPosted 11/19/2011 8:35:27 PM
Might have to be at a higher Level?
Just a thought don't know.
#6koroko_korobasePosted 11/19/2011 8:37:16 PM
Hit them with Fus and see if that fixes them. I've been taking to that to fixing my problems. It usually works with glitched people.
#7MiOddPosted 11/19/2011 8:41:12 PM
I had the same problem with Ulfric, I had to actually finish the mission with Galmer before returning to Ulfric and then I got the correct speech bubble to allow me to continue the main quest, I was pretty annoyed by that as well.
---
This couch is the comfiest!
#8MiOddPosted 11/19/2011 8:44:23 PM
Oh wait I misread, Galmer won't talk to you either? but you already have the mission assignment to kill an Ice Wraith correct? Have you actually done that yet?
---
This couch is the comfiest!
#9BottomFeederJaxPosted 11/20/2011 12:59:51 AM
I am level 32, and I got Tullius to agree to the peace summit, went to talk to Ulfic, he said I needed to do Galmers Ice Wraith quest and wouldn't give me dialogue options, so I did it and now I still have no dialogue options. Every time I go into the castle he and Galmer are talking about the Moot, where Ulfric says "And damn the Moot!" I cant talk to them during their dialogue, so I wait for their conversation to be over, but still no luck =(