'Disrupt the Skooma operation' quest from Jarl of Riften is broken.

#1Klop_JobPosted 11/23/2011 7:20:00 AM
In this quest the Jarl of Riften asks you to go to a nearby cave. If you happened to discover and enter that cave, when previously exploring, before unlocking this quest then you won't be able to complete the quest as the quest marker doesn't appear. Your actions of 'disrupting the Skooma operation' is not acknowledged by the game and it's impossible to do the quest.

I've found other people who had this issue as they simply discovered the cave first before unlocking the quest. The cave is called Cragslane Cavern, do not enter it if you haven't visited Riften yet.
#2LhojPosted 11/26/2011 8:41:50 AM

Same thing happened to me. Looks like quest gets broken if you kill bandits inside before picking the quest itself. Can be "fixed" by opening the console and typing SetObjectiveCompleted FreeformRiften01 30 to complete the current objective and SetStage FreeformRiften01 40 to activate the next stage of the quest (report succes to the Jarl). Solution taken from UESP wiki ;)

#3AstroshakPosted 11/26/2011 8:45:40 AM
No console commands on this version, are there?
#4ForkofpowerPosted 11/26/2011 8:49:32 AM
The cave worked fine for me and I entered before but like always what effects one person might not effect another.
---
PSN~Dark_Reaper_Soul Mr Banner I am a huge fan of how you lose control and turn into a huge green rage monster.
#5OrangeWizardPosted 11/26/2011 8:49:34 AM
I am so ****ing sick of people mentioning the console on this board.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#6ArmedRebellionPosted 11/27/2011 8:40:41 PM
Even if you wait to clear the cavern until after receiving the Jarl's quest, you may find that the "quest completed" message does not appear after clearing the cavern. If this happens, try fast traveling somewhere else, waiting a while, and returning. Another bandit may appear outside the cave, and killing him completes the quest.

try this.
---
"Give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry
http://i50.tinypic.com/34h6pas.jpg http://i50.tinypic.com/23l7xx.jpg
#7PHO3NIXF1REPosted 12/1/2011 3:49:39 AM
I tried that, ArmedRebellion, and it still didn't trigger that I had disrupted the skooma operations.
#8bjroe458Posted 12/1/2011 4:43:03 AM
Lhoj posted...
Same thing happened to me. Looks like quest gets broken if you kill bandits inside before picking the quest itself. Can be "fixed" by opening the console and typing SetObjectiveCompleted FreeformRiften01 30 to complete the current objective and SetStage FreeformRiften01 40 to activate the next stage of the quest (report succes to the Jarl). Solution taken from UESP wiki ;)

This is the FN PS3 board, not the PC board, stop posting that crap here!!!!!!!
#9CJA1982Posted 12/4/2011 6:34:58 PM
Ditto to all the above, I've tried killing the remaining bandits in various orders but still no luck. The quest will not show up on the map and clairvoyence doesn't work either. Luckily my last save was just before I started the quest trail, so I'm hoping a future patch will address this issue.

Does anyone know if you have to complete this quest to become Thane of Riften?
#10PandaOtterMoosePosted 12/4/2011 6:42:25 PM(edited)
CJA1982 posted...
Ditto to all the above, I've tried killing the remaining bandits in various orders but still no luck. The quest will not show up on the map and clairvoyence doesn't work either. Luckily my last save was just before I started the quest trail, so I'm hoping a future patch will address this issue.

Does anyone know if you have to complete this quest to become Thane of Riften?

Yes it is actually.

SPOILERS

EDIT: Although if you are planing to side with imperials, there might be a work around with it
as Mrs Black-Briar becomes the jarl after the quest line