Lydia disappeared... where did she go?

#1Light_me_upPosted 11/24/2011 5:00:21 PM
ok so i was walkin through a field and i just discovered a cave but i didnt go in, next thing i know shes gone, so i figure she just hadnt caught up yet because i like taking shortcuts. so i go finish what i was doing, then i find this guardpost outside whiterun and i pick a lock and get busted, and pay the fine. when i came out she still wasnt with me. i dont get it, i didnt tell her to stay anywhere and we didnt get into a fight so she cant be dead. is there a way i can locate her on the map? did she go back to dragonreach? what is the deal?
#2XenoMechaPosted 11/24/2011 5:05:21 PM
Black friday shopping probably
---
A Mod/Admin replied: Calling someone a troll is an insult. Insulting another user is flaming.
#3slicknick21Posted 11/24/2011 5:05:23 PM
try fast traveling somewhere if she isn't standing with you when you fast travel that means she is dead.
#4VonStemPosted 11/24/2011 5:06:13 PM
when my followers disappear i just fast travel around a couple of times, that usually gets them back. i stopped using them though, constantly get in the way and lydia is more of a tank that wrecks my stealthy attacks.
---
Strong like bull....fast like chicken. PSN VonStem
#5JayFightPosted 11/24/2011 5:06:51 PM
i had this happen once to me, i decided to back track and everything but i couldn't find her so i just reloaded a previous save thinking she might have gotten herself killed by an enemy that she ran past while finding a more npc friendly way around my shortcuts

btw i know followers aren't supposed to be killable by npcs without your assistance in finishing them off but if you can't find her and using wait doesn't work either then whats the other options
---
Fast as a Cheetah, Strong as a Lion.
Mess with Me, And soon you'll be Flyin
#6slicknick21Posted 11/24/2011 5:10:10 PM
just reload an old save
#7Light_me_up(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2011 5:10:28 PM
VonStem posted...
when my followers disappear i just fast travel around a couple of times, that usually gets them back. i stopped using them though, constantly get in the way and lydia is more of a tank that wrecks my stealthy attacks.

she is pretty stupid, ive yelled at my tv alot because of her, but i dont want her to be dead because i use her as storage mostly and i just gave her alot of nice things. i want my stuff back! if shes dead will her body stay there forever at least?
#8Light_me_up(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2011 5:12:39 PM
slicknick21 posted...
just reload an old save

well i decided to brave the cave alone after that and i really dont feel like doing it again or i would have
#9CloudStrife5000Posted 11/24/2011 5:14:25 PM
if you walked by any giant camps she has the nasty habbit of running in and attacking giants on sight then getting turned into paste or stratosphere trash but yea the body should be were ever it was when it died atleast for a few good days if not longer.
#10Light_me_up(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2011 5:43:21 PM
well i just went and checked and i guess shes dead because she didnt appear. it suck cuz i ran around that whole area but couldnt find her body or my stuff. she my have been a dumb brute but she will be missed. i guess ill go at it alone for a while until i feel the need to hire someone new. or will i be asigned anymore help in the future?