2nd Puzzle In Shroud Hearth Barrow

#11031VulcanPosted 11/25/2011 12:42:45 AM
Hello everyone. Shroud Hearth Barrow is the place near Ivanstead where the Innkeeper says is haunted,(Ivanstead is the place near the beggining of the 7,000 steps to the Greybeards' Monastery.) I got the Sapphire Claw and solved the door puzzle with it. Another puzzle later involves standind on a point to reveal four symbols of three different kinds (Snake, Bird thing, and fish thing) In one room. In the room right before it are four pillars which can be rotated and have the three different symbols. Completing this puzzle seems to lower a drawbridge and open a gate. I beleive you have to see what the symbols are, then match the pillars out front with them. I believe I did this and so my game may just be glitched, in which case there is nothing more to do.
---
most latin americans in most games are portrayed as Taco eating "eses" - Vlashkgbr
#2-Carge-Posted 11/25/2011 12:48:37 AM
yes thats right, after putting the pillars in the correct order you stand on the pressure plate in front of the pillars and the bridge should drop.
#31031Vulcan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 12:50:28 AM
I tried standing on that, but nothing happened. A Draugr's body was right on top and I was thinking it might affect it somehow. I guess I can go back now since it's almost certainly disappeared by now.
---
most latin americans in most games are portrayed as Taco eating "eses" - Vlashkgbr
#4muji25Posted 11/25/2011 12:53:21 AM
You might be putting the symbols in the wrong places. That puzzles kinda weird in the way in the order it wants you to put them in. I'm assuming you already saw the symbol clues on the way from the door to the pressure plate?
#51031Vulcan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 12:59:12 AM
I stood on the plate in the small room which rotated the walls or whatever which lets you see the symbols. I lined up the pillars outside from left to right (it went fish, bird, snake, fish If I can remeber right.) show like they were in the smaller room, from left to right.
---
#6GoatJugSoupPosted 11/25/2011 1:23:38 AM
1031Vulcan posted...
I tried standing on that, but nothing happened. A Draugr's body was right on top and I was thinking it might affect it somehow. I guess I can go back now since it's almost certainly disappeared by now.

I'm guessing this would have affected it because the plate would have had to be in off mode then turned to on mode to recognise the puzzle being completed, also did you know you can move things by holding x down over them instead of pressing it over them, you could move the corpse out of the way if it is still there
---
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Goatjugsoup1278
Want more soup? View quote for more info
#71031Vulcan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 1:52:22 AM
Thanks guys. Turned out I had it all lined up right anyways. I only found out how to move stuff earlier today and never tried it there. Surprisingly, the bodies had not disappeared after several in game days and multiple times saving and loading. (perhaps debris not disappearing is what causes save files to grow exponentially and cause unplayableness. . .)
---
#8GoatJugSoupPosted 11/25/2011 12:15:17 PM
1031Vulcan posted...
Thanks guys. Turned out I had it all lined up right anyways. I only found out how to move stuff earlier today and never tried it there. Surprisingly, the bodies had not disappeared after several in game days and multiple times saving and loading. (perhaps debris not disappearing is what causes save files to grow exponentially and cause unplayableness. . .)

I think bodies take 30 days to clear
---
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Goatjugsoup1278
Want more soup? View quote for more info
#9mwynerPosted 11/25/2011 7:22:17 PM

Same area, found the answer, but I can't 'Activate' the pillars outside the room.  I can click all day and no rotations.  

Ideas?