The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What is the strongest one handed sword and where do I find it?

#1QuestriderPosted 11/28/2011 10:47:36 AM
I like wielding one handed swords and am looking for the strongest one handed sword in the game. Where and how do I find it?
---
-Questrider
Creator and Host of the Quest Games/Currently playing: Skyrim
#2chuck003Posted 11/28/2011 10:54:05 AM
I'm sure there are plenty of good ones you can find, but the best I've come across is a one handed Daedric sword I crafted myself. Sadly, you do need 90 in smithing and the perk for daedric armor to make it as well as a daedra heart. Add an enchantment of your choice to that.
#3FurioPosted 11/28/2011 10:56:20 AM
do you need to have smithing to 100 to get the sword to legendary? Also if you are going to make it strongest, you'll need level 100 enchanting so you can put two enchants on it. I don't know 100% but I would guess this is the best sword possible.
#4galacycrazePosted 11/28/2011 11:01:39 AM
yes the best is by far the daedric, full smith'd and dual enchanted, throw in those alch fortify to enchant and smithing as well....

but i have a question... can you find a daedric balde? im sure you should be. understandably not as as great as crafted full legendary upgraded and dual enchanted. but just curious as i have never found one, would like to maybe not put al those points in smithing/enchanting next play through. thanks and sorry for asking a question on your question.
---
I just want to get along. NO BIG DEAL!
#5chuck003Posted 11/28/2011 11:23:42 AM
I remember finding plenty of deadric weapons and armor at high levels in Oblivion, but I'm level 46 right now and I have yet to find any deadric weapons or armor. I have found quite a few ebony weapons at this point and just started seeing some ebony armor, so perhpas we'll start seeing daedric gear once I get to level 50.
#6gna647Posted 11/28/2011 11:25:44 AM
I think my daedric sword scales to 103 >___>

100 in smithing and it's legendary, but i didnt use any smithing buffs like potions or armor effects on it yet.
---
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltewlauBdE1qax1qso1_500.png
#7galacycrazePosted 11/28/2011 11:28:33 AM
my daedric dagger is 128 and daedric sword is 260.
---
I just want to get along. NO BIG DEAL!
#8NevPosted 11/28/2011 11:47:01 AM
The strongest possible 1 handed sword has to be made. You need enchanting to 100 with 5/5 enchanter and insigntful enchanter perks, alchemy to 100 with 5/5 alchemist and benefactor perks and smithing to 100 with daedric smithing perk.

You have to bounce between enchanting fortify alchemy gear and brewing fortify enchant potions (save all glowing mushrooms, snowberries, tigerfangs, hagraven claws, blisterworts, blue butterfly wings etc). Using your increasingly stronger enchant potions you can eventually make four pieces of +29% fortify smithing gear, four pieces of +29% alchemy gear (five if you put it on a criclet and a falmer helmet and wear both at one). You can then make +147% smithing potions. Make a daedric sword and upgrade it with an ebony ingot whilst wearing that gear and drinking the potion. Apply what ever one or two enchants you want (paralyze is good).

It takes hours and kinda breaks the game. I cannot give you stats for the 1HS, I use a daedric greatsword. It has 565 damage with 5/5 barbarian perks and +48% two-handed attacks on hands, feet and ring. I beat the boss of act 2 in a single power swing on normal difficulty...
#9chuck003Posted 11/28/2011 11:50:34 AM
Yikes, and I thought my one handed Daedric Sword with 13 fire damage felt a little overpowered
#10FurioPosted 11/28/2011 11:51:50 AM
Nevi posted...
The strongest possible 1 handed sword has to be made. You need enchanting to 100 with 5/5 enchanter and insigntful enchanter perks, alchemy to 100 with 5/5 alchemist and benefactor perks and smithing to 100 with daedric smithing perk.

You have to bounce between enchanting fortify alchemy gear and brewing fortify enchant potions (save all glowing mushrooms, snowberries, tigerfangs, hagraven claws, blisterworts, blue butterfly wings etc). Using your increasingly stronger enchant potions you can eventually make four pieces of +29% fortify smithing gear, four pieces of +29% alchemy gear (five if you put it on a criclet and a falmer helmet and wear both at one). You can then make +147% smithing potions. Make a daedric sword and upgrade it with an ebony ingot whilst wearing that gear and drinking the potion. Apply what ever one or two enchants you want (paralyze is good).

It takes hours and kinda breaks the game. I cannot give you stats for the 1HS, I use a daedric greatsword. It has 565 damage with 5/5 barbarian perks and +48% two-handed attacks on hands, feet and ring. I beat the boss of act 2 in a single power swing on normal difficulty...

it's amazing that they let you do that! but I think you have the answer right there.