A post patch 1.2 (maybe patch 1.1) overpowering alchemy glitch

#361EnglishLanguagPosted 12/12/2011 5:16:51 PM
what the...odd, apparnelty m alchemy is 25....why did it say 55 on the potion mamking screen?
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.
#362EnglishLanguagPosted 12/12/2011 5:23:42 PM
Ah well, will..uh...have to get more ingredients then...or boost Enchanting a bit more.
---
#363EnglishLanguagPosted 12/12/2011 6:28:39 PM(edited)
Well, started working, then for some reason whenevr I started making more potions, they would skip randomly between Restoration effects being 50-60% better and never went above 60, while the equipment itself would skip randomly between 25-30% better alchemy and never above 30. I missing something?

I currently have a 25 in Alchemy and 4 17% Alchemy boosters.

EDIT-Wait, do I have the order right here?

1.Make potion
2.Remove Potion Effect%+ equips
3.Drink Potion
4.Re-equip
5.Repeat 2-4
---
#364EnglishLanguagPosted 12/12/2011 6:36:17 PM
Get the equips up to level 27% after a bunch of pots, then ti drops back to 23%...er..maybe I'll just wait till I can make 25% enchantment then go from there.
---
#365FloppyCannon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 7:08:07 PM
EnglishLanguag posted...
Get the equips up to level 27% after a bunch of pots, then ti drops back to 23%...er..maybe I'll just wait till I can make 25% enchantment then go from there.

if you can craft a second set of alchemy gear, you can use the jail break glitch to wear multiple piece of armor in the same slot (two helm, two chest, etc).

This should help you break open the minimum alchemy threshold. Also watch psm009's youtube video, apparently it's very easy to make mistake on this glitch.

I done some calculations and testing, you can do the glitch with lower %. It is at most 30-50 potions more until number start to fly.

So I'm guessing most peeps that can't do it probably mess up a step some where. Make sure you follow psm009's video instruction very precisely in a timely manner.
#366EnglishLanguagPosted 12/12/2011 7:09:37 PM
Ok ty, I'll take a look at that.

And didn't think about the jailbreak glitch. I'll keep it in mind, though I think my character would probably get owned by the guards at this point :\.
---
#367Eternal_WarlordPosted 12/12/2011 7:27:14 PM
Amazing. My suit says 27% better alchemy but I still craft potions that are insane so as long as you de equip and re equip it sticks. It's been well over 10 minutes and I drank about 7 potions total. So if you look at the armor and it goes back to normal (mine was at 27%) but go back into the alchemy lab you'll see the potions are still ridiculously powerful. And check your active effects just to make sure.

Also. this makes other enchantments stick permanently as well. I have 1 dragon armor with 206% reduction to the cost of both alteration and destruction spells so I can cast for free. Apply this to other magics and you can cast all schools for free with one suit. Gonna make a helmet for Conjuration and Restoration next. Makes the enchantment kinda pointless but I forgot I was wearing the dragon armor at the time.
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#368EnglishLanguagPosted 12/12/2011 7:35:19 PM
Uh..what page is the jail break glitch described in?
---
#369Oblivion_SlayerPosted 12/12/2011 7:58:25 PM
English's sig is a good representation of how to use the arrowknee meme effectively. I approve.
---
DJ Vendetta
Fawkes is a male. Saying he is female is like saying Amata is a deathclaw!
#370EnglishLanguagPosted 12/12/2011 9:15:44 PM(edited)
Ugh, you're kidding me. First Alchemy perk w/ 4 20% boosters and 4 17% boosters STILL isn't enough to break the minimum start?
'
Scratch that, it's climbing, albeit a bit slowly.
---