A post patch 1.2 (maybe patch 1.1) overpowering alchemy glitch

#381cultureshockPosted 12/15/2011 5:13:55 PM
Anyone?
#382lightgun10Posted 12/15/2011 5:45:01 PM

Anyone?

Your alchemy skill isn't high enough to break the threshold. You'll have to spend a few perks in the first perk of alchemy.
---
Mass Effect 3, Medal Gear Solid Rising, Prototype 2, Prey 2, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, The Darkness 2, Far Cry 3, Awakened, Metro: Last Light.
#383FloppyCannon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2011 6:03:45 PM
lightgun10 posted...
Anyone?
Your alchemy skill isn't high enough to break the threshold. You'll have to spend a few perks in the first perk of alchemy.

I actually did it with +15% alchemy gear total and 35 alchemy with no perk.

This glitch is actually doable with very very low skill, it just take a lot more potion to do it. Maybe 20-30 more.

The ideal loop that will give you the fastest raise (largest % increases per potion spent) would be including a enchant loop within each iteration. It's kind of hassle compare to chugging 2-3 more potion to cover the %. But by including an enchanting loop, that is enchant a set of alchemy gear at every FR iteration, you can actually lower the minimum alchemy threshold by a lot.

However, it adds some complication to the restoration loop. If people are having trouble with this simple loop with video, chance are they are going to have more trouble with more complicate loop.

But back on topic, make sure you watch the video instruction very carefully and follow the instruction video in the same sequence in a timely fashion. It is very easy to mess up on the sequence.

Any step you mess up or not doing it fast enough will cause either the % to reset back one iteration or reset back to initial %.
#384Every1HatesMePosted 12/16/2011 8:25:25 AM
I AM NOW A BELIEVER! I KNOW IN THE PAST, THAT I DOUBTED THIS GLITCH! BUT NOW I HAVE DONE IT FOR MYSEEEEELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *whispers*(and it is amazing)
#385Every1HatesMePosted 12/16/2011 8:30:13 AM
First off, I got my enchanting to 100. I had also been saving 5 levels worth of perks just for this glitch. My alchemy is only level 30. I put three points in to the alchemy perk tree, two in to the very first one which improves created potions by 20% each.. and the perk which makes skill potions more effective.

Then, I put the remaining 2 points in to enchanting to boost the power of enchantments, and to boost the power of skill enchantments 25%.

Then I created 4 pieces of +17% alchemy gear... and then I did the trick, but I had enough to make about 15 potions, I reached the +1billion% mark and ended up going in to negative values, suffice to say I had more than enough. So, there you have it.
#386Every1HatesMePosted 12/16/2011 8:32:33 AM
Oh I forgot to mention.... After I made a steel dagger with about 385 attack power, I used the Elemental Fury Level 3 shout to mow down the entire city of Solitude like Ninja Gaiden on crack and speed.
#387shadownights23Posted 12/17/2011 9:38:56 AM
so i got the jist of what im suppose to do... my question is this my alchemy is only level 20 so am i able to do it? i heard mix responces through out this topic and just want to make sure...if not what is a fast way to level it up
---
hey bodybag! hows it going? Smells like%uFEFF someone took a crap on me, OHHH BODYBAG
#388shadownights23Posted 12/17/2011 2:08:02 PM
bump
---
hey bodybag! hows it going? Smells like%uFEFF someone took a crap on me, OHHH BODYBAG
#389lightgun10Posted 12/17/2011 3:25:50 PM

so i got the jist of what im suppose to do... my question is this my alchemy is only level 20 so am i able to do it? i heard mix responces through out this topic and just want to make sure...if not what is a fast way to level it up

Try to get some enchanted alchemy pieces of armor, it makes the process much faster and easier. Either way, you should be able to do it, but if you don't have alchemy pieces you'll have to have a lot of the ingredients for FR potions at one time (maybe 50+)? It took me about 30 to do the glitch and I have 100 alchemy with no perks in the tree and had 1 10% Fortify Alchemy piece, 2 15% FA pieces, and Krosis on.
---
Mass Effect 3, Medal Gear Solid Rising, Prototype 2, Prey 2, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, The Darkness 2, Far Cry 3, Awakened, Metro: Last Light.
#390shadownights23Posted 12/18/2011 12:06:45 AM
To make the potion u need them fish and salt... where is the beSt place? Right now I'm swimming in a river lol...but it seems better then the merchant who barely as any
---
Auto correct fail