A post patch 1.2 (maybe patch 1.1) overpowering alchemy glitch

#411bullet246Posted 12/28/2011 5:16:59 PM
mustain2121 posted...
bullet246 posted...
hey I'm having the same problem as ghostCrysis. When I do the glitch I wear 4 pieces of gear at 15% each. I do the loop but when it gets to 21% it stops and wont go any higher! I've been trying this for a while now an cant seem to get it to work :( any help would be nice.

I never tried the glitch without getting 4 pieces of armor enchanted with 25~26% and 100 alchemy. I say try to enchant your equipment with alchemy over 21% and see what that does. Make some enchanting potions to help with that. I think your problem is that your alchemy equipment isn't strong enough. In fact, I'm sure of it.

You sir, are a genius! It worked after I took many, many potions :) -After enchanting my equipment higher it finally worked. Thank you very much :) There is no better feeling that one-shotting a giant with a long bow with iron arrows.
#412mustain2121Posted 12/28/2011 5:27:32 PM
bullet246 posted...
mustain2121 posted...
bullet246 posted...
hey I'm having the same problem as ghostCrysis. When I do the glitch I wear 4 pieces of gear at 15% each. I do the loop but when it gets to 21% it stops and wont go any higher! I've been trying this for a while now an cant seem to get it to work :( any help would be nice.

I never tried the glitch without getting 4 pieces of armor enchanted with 25~26% and 100 alchemy. I say try to enchant your equipment with alchemy over 21% and see what that does. Make some enchanting potions to help with that. I think your problem is that your alchemy equipment isn't strong enough. In fact, I'm sure of it.

You sir, are a genius! It worked after I took many, many potions :) -After enchanting my equipment higher it finally worked. Thank you very much :) There is no better feeling that one-shotting a giant with a long bow with iron arrows.

Awesome. Glad I could help. Now, go hunting for some enchantments. Use this to know what you're missing:

http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Enchanting_Effects
---
PSN: mustain21
#413BloopestPosted 12/30/2011 11:11:16 AM
So my question (sorry if this has been answered in this long thread) does anyone know when our what % that lockpicking and sneak roll over and stop working? On mine I tried at 5000% with an enchanting pot but it made lockpicking and sneaking impossible.
#414mustain2121Posted 12/30/2011 12:44:26 PM
Bloopest posted...
So my question (sorry if this has been answered in this long thread) does anyone know when our what % that lockpicking and sneak roll over and stop working? On mine I tried at 5000% with an enchanting pot but it made lockpicking and sneaking impossible.

That's weird, both my lockpicking and sneaking are well above that number, and they work just fine.

If things are getting weird on you, lose the corrupted gear and start over with a new gear. Plus, Lockpicking and sneaking at a certain point (just like haggling and pickpocketing) stop having additional benefits beyond a certain percentage.

The trick, in my experience, is not to go too crazy with those boosts. Keep it moderate.
---
#415AsuirPosted 1/2/2012 8:06:42 AM
I don't know what it is, but this isn't working for me. One potion boosts me and that's it. The rest have no effect.

Could it be because I only have 15 alchemy?
---
Ftw!
#416mustain2121Posted 1/2/2012 5:07:20 PM
Asuir posted...
I don't know what it is, but this isn't working for me. One potion boosts me and that's it. The rest have no effect.

Did you try using 4 pieces of equipment with 25% alchemy enchantment for each? Cuz that seems to make it work for anyone even if they have low alchemy.
---
#417AsuirPosted 1/3/2012 6:16:01 PM
mustain2121 posted...
Asuir posted...

Did you try using 4 pieces of equipment with 25% alchemy enchantment for each? Cuz that seems to make it work for anyone even if they have low alchemy.

I'm using three pieces with 8% fortify alchemy. I raised my alchemy to 30 to get the benefactor perk and my enchanting is at 50 or so.
---
Ftw!
#418mustain2121Posted 1/3/2012 7:09:01 PM
Asuir posted...
mustain2121 posted...
Asuir posted...

I'm using three pieces with 8% fortify alchemy. I raised my alchemy to 30 to get the benefactor perk and my enchanting is at 50 or so.

I dunno man, it might still work for you, but in my experience 8% is too small to make a big difference. I say keep at it but if it doesn't work, keep an eye out for higher alchemy equipment. They'll eventually pop up at various shops here and there. warmaiden in Whiterun has been good to me in that regard.
---
#419AsuirPosted 1/3/2012 7:47:28 PM
It somewhat works.

I can raise the fortify rest. potion from 33% to 52%, but then it goes down to 47% and then back to 52% where it cycles between the two numbers.

I think I'll just raise alchemy to one hundred or something.
---
Ftw!
#420KADFCPosted 1/5/2012 10:23:41 AM
If it cycles between 2 numbers, you're not doing it right. The potion's effect is timed. You need to do it fast, unequip, and re-equip the Alchemy Gear, make and drink another one. If you're beginning percentage is low (didn't put any perks in alchemy), you'll need to make like 15+ Fortifies before it really matters.

Then seal it with a Fortify Enchantment Potion, and quickly making a 2nd better set of Fortify Alchemy Gear.
---
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=KaddyGamer