A post patch 1.2 (maybe patch 1.1) overpowering alchemy glitch

#421mustain2121Posted 1/5/2012 5:37:31 PM
KADFC posted...
If it cycles between 2 numbers, you're not doing it right. The potion's effect is timed. You need to do it fast, unequip, and re-equip the Alchemy Gear, make and drink another one. If you're beginning percentage is low (didn't put any perks in alchemy), you'll need to make like 15+ Fortifies before it really matters.

Then seal it with a Fortify Enchantment Potion, and quickly making a 2nd better set of Fortify Alchemy Gear.

If you unequip and re-equip the fortify alchemy apparel, it should make the effect on the equipment permanent, BUT only if you keep wearing that equipment. If you equip some other equipment later, the effect will be lost. The best way to know for sure what your fortify alchemy effect is is to go by the "active effects" under magic on your menu, rather than going by the numbers displayed when you highlight the equipment.

And yes, the best way to avoid all this is: quickly take that opportunity to make a powerful fortify enchantment potion, drink it, and make yourself a piece of equipment whose enchanting effect will be permanent. Hope that helps.

I've tried this experiment hundreds of times, and I find that Alchemy being high enough, as well as having the right alchemy perks, is probably the most important factor for this to work. I tried using alchemy +12% gear yesterday, and it still worked fine. It took just a few more resto potions to see a decent increase than usual. I took the opportunity to craft a head gear that has + 26000% alchemy, and I'm now making health potions that sell for 30,000 a piece.
---
PSN: mustain21
#422HoIlywoodPosted 1/5/2012 6:07:22 PM
I did this successfully in my last game but I forget, when you do use the enchantment potion to make super equipment....do you remove the clothes first or keep them on(like will the enchant potion revert back to a normal % if I remove the clothes?)
---
PSN+ Id: Ahkiva
#423mustain2121Posted 1/5/2012 6:20:43 PM
HoIlywood posted...
I did this successfully in my last game but I forget, when you do use the enchantment potion to make super equipment....do you remove the clothes first or keep them on(like will the enchant potion revert back to a normal % if I remove the clothes?)

Lemme put it this way: say you're wearing 4 pieces of enchanted gear that give you +20% alchemy. You make the resto potion, you drink it. The effect is, the 4 fortify alchemy pieces (or however man) you're wearing are now more powerful, meaning they give over 20% alchemy (the effect will depend on your alchemy perks and level). You immediately go to your apparel, and unequip, then re-equip each of those pieces of equipment so that the effect becomes permanent. You then make another resto potion which should now be more powerful than the last one you drank. You drink it, your fortify alchemy gear is even more powerful now, unequip, re-equip, make resto, drink it, unequip, requip....etc until your alchemy gear is strong enough. You then make a fortify enchanting potion(s) and use it to make a permanently powerful fortify alchemy equipment and/or whatever else you want to enchant. Ask if you still need clarification.
---
#424HoIlywoodPosted 1/5/2012 6:49:13 PM
yeah yeah I know how to do it lol, like I said, I did it before

my question is in the very last step, when you stop doing fortify restoration and now want to use a fortify enchant potion, do you still keep the clothes on while doing the enchantment, or should you remove them? because i remember I did one or the other before and it screwed up the process
---
#425mustain2121Posted 1/5/2012 6:56:57 PM
HoIlywood posted...
yeah yeah I know how to do it lol, like I said, I did it before

my question is in the very last step, when you stop doing fortify restoration and now want to use a fortify enchant potion, do you still keep the clothes on while doing the enchantment, or should you remove them? because i remember I did one or the other before and it screwed up the process

Ah, yes. Actually, many people don't notice this, but if when you drink the fortify resto, if you have a fortify enchanting potion in your inventory, its effect will also go up!!

So to clarify: you didn't mess up anything when you equipped or unequipped your gear; your resto potion effect simply wore off and your enchanting potion effect went down. Give it a try and see for yourself.
---
#426HoIlywoodPosted 1/5/2012 7:25:36 PM
oh, interesting
---
#427mustain2121Posted 1/5/2012 7:37:52 PM
HoIlywood posted...
oh, interesting

yeah the effects of the resto potion can be pretty weird. For example, some of the gear in my inventory that I'm not wearing have their effects boosted with the potion, others aren't affected at all. Why? Who the **** knows. It just is.
---
#428BloopestPosted 1/7/2012 1:55:27 PM
mustain2121 posted...

That's weird, both my lockpicking and sneaking are well above that number, and they work just fine.

If things are getting weird on you, lose the corrupted gear and start over with a new gear. Plus, Lockpicking and sneaking at a certain point (just like haggling and pickpocketing) stop having additional benefits beyond a certain percentage.

The trick, in my experience, is not to go too crazy with those boosts. Keep it moderate.

Ok so its just my game doing it...just wanted to make sure I'm also running on the out of the box unpattched version. Might have something to do with it may not but at what % does sneaking and lockpicking stop to madder?
#429mustain2121Posted 1/7/2012 3:21:32 PM
Bloopest posted...
mustain2121 posted...

That's weird, both my lockpicking and sneaking are well above that number, and they work just fine.

If things are getting weird on you, lose the corrupted gear and start over with a new gear. Plus, Lockpicking and sneaking at a certain point (just like haggling and pickpocketing) stop having additional benefits beyond a certain percentage.

The trick, in my experience, is not to go too crazy with those boosts. Keep it moderate.

Ok so its just my game doing it...just wanted to make sure I'm also running on the out of the box unpattched version. Might have something to do with it may not but at what % does sneaking and lockpicking stop to madder?

Not sure, but from just experimenting with those enchantments, it looks like sneaking goes to 100% or close (you become invisible to everyone once you crouch as long as they didn't see you crouch). Lockpicking goes to 90% because all lock levels except for Master will open without any problem. Even Master opens much easier but not like levels below it. For pickpocketing, it's 90%, but you hardly ever get caught.
---
#430SimianWonderPosted 1/9/2012 4:45:38 PM
Just found this topic, and oh my word. Overpowered doesn't do it justice. I just made an invisibility potion, worth a staggering 84 million gold, that keeps me invisible for over 440 hours and has the nice side effect of boosting health regen by 2,014,669%.

Meaning I'm invisible and I regenerate quicker than I can be hurt. Insane.

Other, lesser concoctions include fortifying enchanting by over 4 million percent and smithing by over three million, so I can create and enchant weapons and armour that utterly, utterly break the game. Even on Master, a single hit can down a Dragon.
---
Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star. Confucius