A post patch 1.2 (maybe patch 1.1) overpowering alchemy glitch

#431HoIlywoodPosted 1/9/2012 3:47:43 PM
SimianWonder posted...
Just found this topic, and oh my word. Overpowered doesn't do it justice. I just made an invisibility potion, worth a staggering 84 million gold, that keeps me invisible for over 440 hours and has the nice side effect of boosting health regen by 2,014,669%.

Meaning I'm invisible and I regenerate quicker than I can be hurt. Insane.

Other, lesser concoctions include fortifying enchanting by over 4 million percent and smithing by over three million, so I can create and enchant weapons and armour that utterly, utterly break the game. Even on Master, a single hit can down a Dragon.


doesn't it go away once you interact with something like regular invisibility does?

also, I just made super enchancement potions that make my sneak over 1 million....no one can detect me ever, unless they catch me pickpocketing them, in which case they DO detect me which is weird
---
PSN+ Id: Ahkiva
#432dyzePosted 1/9/2012 5:12:04 PM
At what point does this actually work?

Been trying do the glitch with my new low lvl toon, with no success.
All that happens is I get a small increase with the first potion, then no increase, and then a slight decrease, then nothing changes, doesn't matter how many potions.

I'm only at 20ish Alch, and no skills/perks in enchant or Alch, and using a 8% alch glove.

Tried to add one perk in Alch, but didn't change anything.
#433HoIlywoodPosted 1/9/2012 5:17:39 PM
I've only tried with with 100 in alchemy and enchanting and 5/5 perks for each one
---
PSN+ Id: Ahkiva
#434mustain2121Posted 1/10/2012 6:05:04 AM
HoIlywood posted...

doesn't it go away once you interact with something like regular invisibility does?

also, I just made super enchancement potions that make my sneak over 1 million....no one can detect me ever, unless they catch me pickpocketing them, in which case they DO detect me which is weird


If you pickpocket something, you need to remember that there's a 10% chance of getting caught (90% being the pickpocketing cap). That means that it IS possible to get caught sometimes which means you become visible. Try standing up and crouching again even in front of the enemy and within seconds, you'll notice that they stop seeing you even though you're still in front of them. They'll say something like "where did you go" and run past you looking for you.
---
PSN: mustain21
#435_Lacus_Clyne_Posted 1/14/2012 1:38:18 PM
tagging
---
"A Melody that can Quench the Thirst"
Pkmn Black FC: 3868-7751-1341