A post patch 1.2 (maybe patch 1.1) overpowering alchemy glitch

#51TrenchcoatFlashPosted 11/30/2011 4:39:13 AM
it will be once we are told how to do it fully.
---
Good. Good. Let the butthurt flow through you!
Level 1 Trolls killed: 18
#52Tron-BurgundyPosted 11/30/2011 4:43:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#53The moonlight knightPosted 11/30/2011 4:45:42 AM
Frankly, even ONE potion being able to power stuff up is already absurd.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#54Tron-BurgundyPosted 11/30/2011 5:52:29 AM
The guys on the 360 board got it working I guess. Hoping they'll explain it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61200504#15
---
I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.
#55BBQsRNeatPosted 11/30/2011 6:21:03 AM
Finally got it to work, though I'm not exactly sure how. Rather than drinking the same potion over and over I had to drink one or two, craft a new/better one and repeat from there. Also it seemed to jump around a bit if I drank the same potion twice in a row, so I made a bunch at each 'level' of fortify restoration potion, and then drank a combination of them, making sure to check my active effects, as I raised the percentage. I also made sure to remove my alchemy gear before each potion I drank.

I don't know that I could replicate that perfectly, but I do know that with over 4 million magicka I won't be needing to spend the last of my perks on all the levels of spell mastery.
#56Tron-BurgundyPosted 11/30/2011 6:29:26 AM
Alright so I think this is how you do it, if you have a low alchemy skill like me you're going to need the materials to make like 50-100 potions (won't take too long to get, find the two kinds of fish in Ripten lake and buy salt piles). Potions 1-20 I saw a minimal increase, potions 20-25 started jumping 5% until I ran out of materials.

1: Drink potion
2: Make potion
3: Open menu, unequip armor, close menu
4: Open menu, drink potion, equip armor
5: Repeat steps 2-4

I think you have to have your armor off for the stat boost to go through. Slowly the potions percent will rise, mine was close to 250% when I ran out of ingredients but my alchemy skill is really low. With 100 alchemy and some perks I think it'll rise much, much, faster.
---
#57The moonlight knightPosted 11/30/2011 6:29:53 AM
Sure am glad they removed spellmaking since it's done so much for balancing the game. Also great they limited the freedom in enchanting, since that certainly tamed its brokeness streak it had in Oblivion.

Good job Bethesda. Real bang up job.
---
#58Tron-BurgundyPosted 11/30/2011 6:32:00 AM
Who cares if people exploit? Developers used to put cheats in games. It's fun to beat a game the right way AND have a little bit of fun being OP.
---
#59BombayNugzPosted 11/30/2011 6:34:37 AM
cool. wont be using it though, skyrims already far to easy anyways.
---
Bangin Screw?
#60The moonlight knightPosted 11/30/2011 6:37:13 AM
I just find it annoying how many people have argued in favor of Bethesda removing a feature (spellmaking) by citing it allowed you to break the game with overpoweredness, as did enchanting. Both of those in Oblivion allowed for immense power. And now, in Skyrim, player freedom to customise and create is railroaded and reduced quite a bit.

People will argue this is good and dandy because of balance. Well, Skyrim is a hell of a lot more ****ing imbalanced and broken than Oblivion ever was.

Skyrim takes the weakness to magic escalation that allowed for godlike offensive damage temporarily in Oblivion, and converted it into a solid, constant state that can buff anything from weapon damage, magicka, health, regeneration rates, skill performance... I mean god damn. I guess you could even concoct some super enchanting potion then enchant weapons that do 10,000 fire and frost damage on strike and have infinite uses.

God damn it. At least in Oblivion there was creativity behind the overpoweredness. This is just straight-forward nonsense.

Someone talk to me when they find a way for any character to command humanoids/creatures and to superbuff them to move at warp speeds and one hit kill everything. Because I'd be interested in that.
---