A post patch 1.2 (maybe patch 1.1) overpowering alchemy glitch

#61MurinaePosted 11/30/2011 5:37:39 AM
I don't understand why people care so much if these things are there. Nobody is making you do them or if you do, to use them while playing through the game. I did this and made a suit w/ millions of health, magicka, stamina, and insane 1 handed and bow damage. Am i gonna wear it while questing and playing through the game? No. Am I gonna put it on from time to time just for fun and lay waste to towns while in god mode? Yes. So maybe stop crying that 100% optional exploits are in a single player game and that others use them to have fun.
#62TrenchcoatFlashPosted 11/30/2011 5:43:09 AM
thanks for staying on top of things tom. looks like it would just be faster for me to start a new character and get the alchemy perks early on.
---
Good. Good. Let the butthurt flow through you!
Level 1 Trolls killed: 18
#63TimeBellyPosted 11/30/2011 5:43:34 AM
Very well put, Murinae.
#64The moonlight knightPosted 11/30/2011 5:50:26 AM
It'll never change things. There's always armies of people who want things removed if they don't personally like them. So long as there's enough of them to be loud enough, they'll keep giving the justification to Bethesda to remove more and more.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#65RybalPosted 11/30/2011 6:38:52 AM
Tracked and tagged
#66Diamond7120Posted 11/30/2011 6:39:28 AM
I want a weapon that has zero damage output with 100% decapitation..........

This exploit reminds me of disgaea.
Anyway, they shouldnt take anything out of a game that adds customization. Just make it less confusing.
Ex: Legend of Mana weapon crafting and Oblivion level up with full perks/points.
Good ex: Skyrim - point to health, magic or stamina.

This exploit means you could make any piece(s) of equipment godly right?
Shiv/fork + falmer equip w/ forsworn headdress one shoting dragons.....
---
Disturb me not, for I seek to eliminate odd order intermodulation in linear power stages...
#67Tron-BurgundyPosted 11/30/2011 7:13:02 AM
TrenchcoatFlash posted...
thanks for staying on top of things tom. looks like it would just be faster for me to start a new character and get the alchemy perks early on.

Nope. Alchemy level doesn't matter. I went from 30 to 100 on my like 20th potion. Just follow my steps. My armor currently has "Created potions are 694157312% more powerful". You only need about 30 of each ingredient, max.
---
I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.
#68Tron-BurgundyPosted 11/30/2011 7:16:16 AM
Alright I'm pretty sure 694,157,312 is the max.

Oh and it's Tron not Tom yo.
---
#69Tron-BurgundyPosted 11/30/2011 7:19:27 AM
Ok, I advise not going to the max, my smith potion was at 1%. I'm going to retry at 60,000%.
---
#70brokenfingersPosted 11/30/2011 7:29:27 AM
I can confirm two things:

1. This works with a completely unpatched game.

2. It doesn't work well at low skill levels if you only have one alchemy + item. But I tried messing around with it on a max alchemy/max perk character, and within I think 4 potions I was at like 13000 +alchemy.

The steps are really easy. I had to spend a while wrapping my head around how people were explaining it, but this is a simple process.

1. Make and drink fortify resto.
2. Unequip +alchemy items.
3. Leave menu, come back, re-equip.
4. Repeat as desired.
5. Make +enchanting and +smithing potions or whatever you want.

Keep in mind this WILL break the game utterly.
---
For me, that philosophy reduces itself to: "I'm on board; pull up the lifeline."--Ebert on Rand