can't find Gulum Ei from thieve's guild quest

#1SkylightPosted 11/30/2011 7:58:21 PM
I see that the marker points to the Brinewater Grotto, however when i go in there to confront him, he seems to be outside the walls of the grotto, is that normal?
#2Shadowwolf347Posted 11/30/2011 8:00:38 PM
Did you follow him through the East Empire Trading Company Docks first?
---
"You left your powers to your son so he could fight... a chicken, Sieg?" - Routier, RoAWZ
#3Skylight(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2011 8:05:30 PM
i took the quest to shadow him and I think a bit through the shadowing part, I got distracted and went to do something else. that something else became 10 hours of sidequests haha.

sooo, am I bugged out of doing the quest? the arrow that says to confront him points right next to brinewater grootto
#4Shadowwolf347Posted 11/30/2011 8:08:01 PM
No you can still complete it. You just need to find the entrance on your own though. Go through the EETC and look for stairs leading down next to ones leading up on your left. Should take you to the Brinewater Grotto but on the other side of the wall.
---
"You left your powers to your son so he could fight... a chicken, Sieg?" - Routier, RoAWZ
#5Skylight(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2011 8:11:13 PM
east empire company warehouse? or something else? bc i see that on my map, but not the exact name you mentioned.
#6Shadowwolf347Posted 11/30/2011 8:14:27 PM
Yeah thats it. Sorry haven't done that place on my current char so I couldn't look it up on my map.
---
#7Skylight(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2011 8:18:44 PM
awesome thank you good sir! looking for it now. hmmm, anything more specific? im looking for stairs that go down that are next to stairs to go up and to the left?

so im looking for stairs that go down, next to the stairs that go up?

and from looking at the map, the other brinewater grotto entrance is a decent chunk of distance away from the east company warehouse. you sure it's there? I guess im just confused for what im looking for
#8Shadowwolf347Posted 11/30/2011 8:22:49 PM
Basically if you follow the path (its pretty straightforward), you will come to two sets of stairs. The ones leading up will take you to a hut where you can find a map to give to Delvin while the ones leading down will lead you to the Brinewater Grotto entrance. That's as best I can explain it since you didn't follow the lizard.
---
#9Skylight(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2011 8:30:08 PM
yeah I definitely see what you're talking about. im there now, but when I go into the shallow water via the stairs that lead down I see the marker for where he is, behind a wall of misc stuff like a keg and such, i cant seem to find a way behind there?
#10Skylight(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2011 8:32:19 PM
im stupid, i see now the little path behind to get to that door. thank you for the help :)