So about the mannequin glitch...

#1zyrax2301Posted 12/1/2011 3:38:40 PM
I've heard it removes enchantments from items you place on the mannequin?

The most expensive item I have right now is a Robe of Restoration or something. Without the enchantment, it's not going to be worth s***. I guess my only other option is jewellry but I'm pretty sure my best piece is only worth 500 gold, which translates to what...100, when I sell it?

Is there a really expensive piece of equipment I can just steal from somewhere, like a museum or a palace or something?

e.g. I stole a staff from the inn at Winterhold, which was worth about 2500. I haven't sold that yet, but something like that (which will fit on a mannequin) would be great.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#2Breakdown2k6Posted 12/1/2011 3:45:48 PM
Have you tried it? I think it would be a pretty cool glitch if you can put your own enchantments on the item. I would really like to disenchant the nightingale armor and make it how I want it.
#3zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2011 3:52:02 PM
Nope, I still haven't got a house that has a mannequin yet. Hopefully getting the one in Markarth tonight, just need to get tight with Jabba.
---
#4Breakdown2k6Posted 12/1/2011 3:55:56 PM
I just did it with the mannequin you get at the end of Dark Brotherhood and it did not take away any enchantment. It just made the Mannequin invisible. Not sure if there is any truth to this glitch atm.
#5zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2011 4:02:13 PM
Invisible? wtf?
---
#6RebirfPosted 12/1/2011 4:14:05 PM
It also made my mannequins invisible, and the armor still hasn't shown up. Just a few floating heads in my house...
#7monkyby87Posted 12/1/2011 4:15:55 PM
Yeah, most people who have homes with mannequins, including myself, have found that placing armor on them makes that part of it invisible. So, placing a helmet makes the head invisible and doesn't show the armor. The armor can still be taken off and used, the mannequin just becomes invisible when wearing it. Pretty annoying, especially when you want to dispaly a cool set of armor you have...
#8zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2011 4:26:29 PM
Weird. Oh well, I guess I'll try it out for myself tonight and see how it goes.
---
#9saintkdPosted 12/1/2011 4:31:16 PM
If you want to display the armour.

1. Equip all the pieces of armour and a piece of jewellery.
2. Exit mannequin menu. It should just be its head visible.
3Use mannequin again and remove only the jewellery. This makes the rest of the armour visible.
---
Let me just pull the answer to slavery and exploitation right out of my ass. Seeing as I have the resources and money to do so. IronSparkSword
#10Malus_X6Posted 12/1/2011 4:31:31 PM
If there's a way to remove enchantments from duped Ancient Shrouded gear, I wanna know it! I'm tired of not being able to improve the Worn Shrouded stuff and I seriously want to give the gear better enchantments. Screw Poison Resistance. Nobody sees me coming to even draw a weapon, much less poison me.

---
Official Elder God of the PS3 MK Board.
PSN: LordMalus