im thane of whiterun, why cant i marry lydia?

#1oakview80Posted 12/6/2011 6:08:12 PM
Anyone have any clue lol
#2redialatorPosted 12/6/2011 6:10:24 PM
you have to do a quest before marrying someone.... i have the official guide book and you have around 40 qualified persons you can marry in Skyrim... Lydia is one of them..
---
PSN ID: Chickb0g
#3RomeoMinolaPosted 12/6/2011 6:13:01 PM
There's a glitch currently preventing her from her having the conversation option to discuss marriage. You should be able to marry her, but currently it's not possible. Unless this glitch was corrected in one of the patches and I was not aware of it.
---
Pip withdrawal in 3, 2, 1...
#4AmeriphPosted 12/6/2011 6:14:41 PM(edited)
According to what I've found on it, marrying Lydia is impossible if not using a dev code, which can only be done on PC. Reason she's listed in the game guide as being marry-able is probably because of an error on the writer's part. Evidence for this is that there seems to be no way to marry Lydia on the PS3 or 360. Then again, this could just be a glitch on both systems, and Beth thought that they should focus on more severe issues like the lag that many users, myself included, still have along with the magic resistance not being calculated properly since not being able to marry Lydia on PS3 or 360 would only be a very minor bug if it is one at all.
---
If I could kill the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, or Justin Beiber, I would kill Justin Beiber. People who agree: 22
The 2DS already exists. It's called the DS.
#5redialatorPosted 12/6/2011 6:16:19 PM
Ameriph posted...
According to what I've found on it, marrying Lydia is impossible if not using a dev code, which can only be done on PC. Reason she's listed in the game guide as being marry-able is probably because of an error on the writer's part. Evidence for this is that there seems to be no way to marry Lydia on the PS3 or 360. Then again, this could just be a glitch on both systems, and Beth thought that they should focus on more severe issues like the lag that many users, myself included, still have along with the magic resistance not being calculated properly since not being able to marry Lydia on PS3 or 360 would only be a very minor bug if it is one at all.

i knew buying the guide won't make me happy.... dang, the guide is only good for potion recipes and item locations.... other words... USELESS.... =(
---
PSN ID: Chickb0g
#6EnglishLanguagPosted 12/6/2011 6:18:34 PM
I suppose npcs like court wizards and advisors and stuff are unable to be married?
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)-In Progress(9A Ultima Demon)
I know the "e" from my name is missing. Shut up