WHOA Just had a terrifying black screen

#1_Lycanthroat_Posted 12/7/2011 6:07:14 PM
Jesus Christ. Happily riding about on Shadowmere near Dawnstar when the whole screen went black. PS3 never turned off and here I am now, on the XMB. No message, no PS button was pressed, nothing. I've never ever had a fatal crash like this before on a PS3 game.

Is that normal? On any PS3 game? **** me, I thought the thing was going to YLoD on me, a fortnight before Christmas. I need a drink.

/wipes brow
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will"
#2SelsidianPosted 12/7/2011 6:14:26 PM
I had a game straight out crash on me and deliver a pop-up telling me to refer to the development console for error messages, and then force me to reset.

Pretty sure it was one of the Modern Warfare games, actually. Seems about right.
#3macross36Posted 12/7/2011 6:46:40 PM
Something like this has happened to me but not while i was playing skyrim.It has happened to me like two or three times to me.Forgot exactly which games i was playing but i think it happened once when i was playing new vegas.
#4ShuyinVsTidusPosted 12/7/2011 6:51:26 PM
I think I saw a video on youtube of a guy mentioning this while showing off backwards flying dragons.
---
Foolish mortals and your petty squabbles
Giga-Graviton > Zanmato
#5Sin JackalPosted 12/7/2011 6:59:25 PM
YLOD, that would've sucked :\

At least you weren't playing on Xbox, the odds of RROD are pretty much 3-4x higher than YLOD.
#6kingexdeathPosted 12/7/2011 7:06:35 PM
I had this same problem but with Fallout new vegas, its the same game engine so it happens every now and then, like a low low chance. It happened to me twice with fallout new vegas and nothing happen to my ps3

so i dont think anything bad would happen, plus this was happening on my 250gb ps3