Smithing bug...? If not, I need help.

#1Serith61890Posted 12/8/2011 1:36:03 PM(edited)
I have my smithing all the the way up to 100, and I use Daedric Armor.
I have all the stuff I need to improve my weapons and armor, but I can't improve any of it past "Fine."

I want (Legendary) Daedric Armor, but it doesn't let me improve it any further.
I tried enchanting some things to see if that would help, but when I wear the pieces that Fortify Smithing, it says I lack the skill necessary to improve the item.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
---
PS3: Kelevra_LeCarde
Blood... Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge. Other times it helps me control the chaos.
#2SythariPosted 12/8/2011 1:37:48 PM
I think that may be a bug, even with only the daedric smithing perk with 100 smithing i can improve it to legendary.
#3Serith61890(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2011 1:40:42 PM
I've tried everything I can think of.
Fortify Smithing enchantments as well as Fortify Smithing Potions.
Both of them at the same time.
Using one and not the other.

Nothing is working and it's bumming me out.
I can't improve weapons either. My daedric swords and bow can also only be improved to (Fine)...
But they have rather good Enchantments that make up for their lack of base damage.
---
Blood... Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge. Other times it helps me control the chaos.
#4SythariPosted 12/8/2011 1:43:20 PM
I don't know how to help you :( Never had this bug, tried using a different grindstone? Tried enchanting gear with fortify smithing then use a blacksmithing potion? If you've tried that then i really don't know, sorry.
#5TheTrueMayhemPosted 12/8/2011 1:45:18 PM
Might be a stupid question, but do you have the related perks to create/upgrade daedric gear? You may have 100 smithing, but without the perk you can't upgrade it past fine.
#6Serith61890(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2011 1:46:26 PM
TheTrueMayhem posted...
Might be a stupid question, but do you have the related perks to create/upgrade daedric gear? You may have 100 smithing, but without the perk you can't upgrade it past fine.

Yea. I have all the Smithing Perks for the Heavy Armor sets.
All the way up to Dragon Armor.
---
#7cirus 7Posted 12/8/2011 2:00:21 PM
you most likely just dont have enough skill, im using 100+52 smithing to get my deadric stuff to legendary. actually i was 152 and a 20% smithing potion, but the 152 alone was enough for legendary, just higher defense with the potion too.

100 skill does not mean you can get everything to legendary, some stuff takes quite a bit more then that.
---
psn id "rajas", FF11 handle- Atrox, on Cerberus
auto modellista team- Akagi Redsuns *RIP*
#8Feanor23Posted 12/8/2011 2:02:00 PM
If you have the perk, you should only need 91 or so smithing to get to legendary. If what you're saying is correct, then yes it sounds like a bug.
---
Wii RB2 FC: 2219 8215 7294
#9PapaRosario23Posted 12/8/2011 2:04:02 PM
cirus 7 posted...
100 skill does not mean you can get everything to legendary, some stuff takes quite a bit more then that.

91 is enough to get anything to legendary if you have the perk to create the armor.
---
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.
#10raw3868Posted 12/8/2011 2:06:32 PM
You are taking the items to either the grinding wheel or the table to improve them, right? Your base smithing may not be higher than "fine", but you can improve them way farther.