Armor Comparison?

#1Slade867Posted 12/11/2011 3:05:12 AM
How do the heavy armors in this game compre with each other? Is Orcish better than Dwarven, better than Daedric, better than Dragon? What about Wolf or Blades armor?
---
We try Lord. We try to keep our heads up in bad times. This is a bad time.
Show us the way. And if you can't show us the way...then forgive us for being lost.
#2Shiro-RedWind-Posted 12/11/2011 5:44:52 AM(edited)
Heavy armor is generally in most comparable states better by every stage that it goes up on the right side of the Smithing tree.

It goes like this (from least to best.)

Hide, Iron, Steel/Wolf, Dwarven, Orc, Ebony/Dragon, Daedric.

I could be wrong on the Dragon and Ebony being a tie, I have not worn it or tried to make any because I already know that Daedric is much, much better than Dragon. Dragon should only be an option for Light Armor (Scale variant) if anything, and the better your Smithing is, the better you can make the armor. Currently without any crazy enchantments and just basic Smithing applied (I have 100) and perks in the Heavy Armor tree I have around 449 Armor Rating with Daedric Armor on.

Edit: I forgot to mention Blades Armor. When you have good Heavy Armor perks and stuff, I think Blade is right up there with maybe Orc, maybe better. I know that by the time I even touched Blades armor it was nowhere near better than my Daedric set.
#3ReignOfDestinyPosted 12/11/2011 5:45:59 AM
Heavy Armor : Iron,Steel,Dwarven,Orcish,Plate,Ebony,Dragon, Daedric.

All armors can be smithed to the 597 Armor Rating Cap.

So the true answer is "Doesn't Matter."
#4aku chiPosted 12/11/2011 7:30:39 AM
ReignOfDestiny posted...
All armors can be smithed to the 597 Armor Rating Cap.

So the true answer is "Doesn't Matter."

Or maybe it does, because not everybody powerlevels Smithing and uses Fortify Smithing exploits...
#5SpacefrisianPosted 12/11/2011 10:49:19 AM
Ancient nord armour and Steel plate armour were forgotten.

I wonder why Steelplate is along the lightarmour path in smithing tree.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#6BladenytePosted 12/11/2011 11:13:50 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Legendary_MusasPosted 12/11/2011 11:16:57 AM
Spacefrisian posted...
Ancient nord armour and Steel plate armour were forgotten.

I wonder why Steelplate is along the lightarmour path in smithing tree.

Ancient Nord is the equivalent of Iron.
Steel Plate is the equivalent of Steel.
---
"You don't need a reason to help people"
Riddle me this, riddle me that
#8DigiOps944Posted 12/11/2011 11:20:37 AM
Yeah, its in the light armor branch. Steel does not equal steel plate. It's after elven under "advanced armors". No idea why, though.
---
...But if sweetness can win-and it can-then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.
#9Legendary_MusasPosted 12/11/2011 11:25:42 AM(edited)
Oh yea, Steel Plate = Scaled but there are two variations of the base steel armours.
---
"You don't need a reason to help people"
Riddle me this, riddle me that
#10SabramPosted 12/11/2011 11:29:44 AM
If I remember right, steel plate has the same armor value as orcish but weighs a bit more.

Oh, and steel plate is on the light armor side and I have a theory as to why. Over time the light armor side gets 3 (since plain steel is on both sides) heavy armors. My theory is that its meant for light armor characters that have a heavy armor follower. They kinda botched it for a heavy armor character with a light armor follower, though, no light armors on the heavy side until dragon.
---
Posting and browsing from my DROIDX2.
Gamertag: Sabram PSN: Sabram