Just completed The Forsworn Conspiracy (spoilers)...

#1sidsid118Posted 12/11/2011 10:44:47 AM
I have just completed The Forsworn Conspiracy, I had the option of going to jail or fighting my way out through the guards who become hostile. After killing 6 or so in the shrine, and another 6 outside, then another 6 outside the city gate, I now have a bounty of around 18,000.

Now, what happens next if I have to go to marketh again? Do I just go to jail and loose my current progress with the skills or is the bounty of 18,000 , actual 18,000 game gold (which I don't fancy paying)? Do I have to pay the bounty as well as going to jail?

I've only done this The Forsworn Conspiracy quest and the House of Horrors quest from marketh, are there any more which will require me to repay my dues to society!
---
PSN ID - dhandes
#2LostSoulCaliburPosted 12/11/2011 10:46:42 AM
You can just go to jail.
---
Signed:
LostSoulCalibur
#3DigiOps944Posted 12/11/2011 10:48:53 AM
I'm pretty sure you have go to jail to finish the quest.
---
...But if sweetness can win-and it can-then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.
#4sidsid118(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 10:56:04 AM(edited)
The quest finished fine, I read somewhere that if I decided to go to jail, instead of fitting out, a escape from jail quest would have started.

These forsworn lot are a nasty bunch, they kicked off when I cornered the nose in his house, the guards were hassling me during the quest, and then this at the end. I wish there is a atomic bomb, in marketh that I can detonate, this lot deserve it more than megaton ever did!

Jail time it is then, will have to remember to go there with the bare essentials then. How much of your progress do you lose? Just skill progress, quest progress or both?
---
PSN ID - dhandes
#5FoxyKyojiPosted 12/11/2011 10:50:42 AM(edited)
Because it is attached to a quest, you lose no skill progress. Don't worry.
#6MazikuPosted 12/11/2011 10:50:17 AM
yeah you have to get sent to cydnha mine to complete the quest. you wont lose skills or money.
---
PSN - W1Z4RDRY because Wizardry was taken :(
#7Ejak2021Posted 12/11/2011 10:53:44 AM
If you go to jail, you don't have to pay your bounty.

This is the quest where you have to go to the mines, right?

WELL, this particular quest has a bug that I've run into, where if you don't submit to the guards inside the shrine; after the quest is complete, the Markarth guards ask you the same questions they would if you were still resisting arrest during the quest. And, this results in you not being able to pay off your bounty or go to jail. Fun times.

Just thought I'd give you a warning. I ran off and did stuff for 10 hours before coming back and noticing the bug. So, I said "screw it." Maybe they'll fix it in a patch. Maybe I'll get a good PC and the community will fix it much better than Bethesda could.
---
You just lost the game.
Brony 4 lyfe!
#8sidsid118(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 10:59:16 AM
Ok, thanks for the tips. Are there many quests, based in marketh, ive only done house of horrors and The Forsworn Conspiracy, so far in this town.
---
PSN ID - dhandes
#9BlackMagePalomPosted 12/11/2011 11:01:28 AM
*spoilers*

Kill Madoch, if you help him escape, then Markarth will be glitches.
---
PSN:LoneCenturion XBL:Auton Centurion
"Rory Williams. The man who dies and dies again."
#10sidsid118(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 11:08:53 AM
BlackMagePalom posted...
*spoilers*

Kill Madoch, if you help him escape, then Markarth will be glitches.

Which one is madoch?
---
PSN ID - dhandes