The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Transcribe the lexicon?

#1JanneK89Posted 12/11/2011 12:57:19 PM
So I'm doing some backtracking and I want to finish the quest "discerning the transmundane" and to be more specific, the "Transcribe the lexicon" part but I'm stuck. When I activate the quest and look on the map where it is, it tells me to go to Alftand and down. When I go there and look at where to go again it points to the woods between Silent Moon Camp and Korvanjund. What to do? :P
#2Iceaxe0140Posted 12/11/2011 1:00:57 PM
You have to go through Aftland through a series of underground dungeons eventually leading into Blackreach. It's a huge underground city. You basically need to get into the Tower of Mzark which is located underground in Blackreach. The markers just point to the area where you should be underground; not above ground like most quests.
#3JanneK89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 1:22:06 PM(edited)
Yeah, I can already take the lift down to Blackreach, but once I take the lift there and look at the map again, it tells me to go back up. :/

Edit: Oh, I think I see what you mean. Will give it another go, see how it goes!
#4KawiKaPosted 12/11/2011 1:21:55 PM
Did you pick the lexicon up after activating it on that huge sphere?
#5JanneK89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 1:22:58 PM
There was supposed to be something else there? :P

No, I think I only picked up the Elder Scrolls. I might've missed the lexicon. :(
#6KawiKaPosted 12/11/2011 1:24:38 PM
Yeah once you pick up the scroll, pick up the lexicon you activated beforehand. You'll get the follow up from it.

I did the same :D Forgot to take the lexicon.
#7JanneK89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 1:26:57 PM
Ugh, what a pain. :P Guess I'll be going back to Blackreach, huh?
#8KawiKaPosted 12/11/2011 1:31:26 PM
Yep but seeing as you cleared the place it's a fast run through.

SPOILER.

Fus Ro Dah the big gold orb in there and a dragon will turn up.
#9JanneK89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 1:52:51 PM(edited)
Cool, did not know that. :D

I went there again though and didn't find the lexicon there. And I can't find it in my inventory, which is making me worry like hell. I'll be going to Riverwood to check if I left it in the chest there. :(

Nope, not there either. Is it possible to sell the lexicon? I don't think I've sold any books though. :/ Ugh, does this mean I can't get the Oghma Infinium?
#10Iceaxe0140Posted 12/11/2011 1:52:15 PM
Probably not, since the lexicon is considered a quest item and cannot be removed from your inventory. My guess is that if you left it there a long time, the dungeon might have reset and ate your lexicon.