Easy side quests?

#1darkman006Posted 12/13/2011 4:42:25 PM

What are some easy side quests I can do that can get me my first house early on? I'm currently lvl 9 and I'm almost at 5000 gold. I just need a little push and then I have it. I currently have as miscellaneous quests, Speak with the leader of the companions, Join the Stormcloak rebellion, Visit the Collage of Winterhold, Talk to Aventus Aretino, Kill the bandit leader located at Silent Moons Camp. Give the frost salts to arcadia, and join the Imperial Legion. Or even better, is there a place where I can store my items until I can afford a house? Being encumbered almost after every quest is getting tiresome, just like with Oblivion....

#2metalmandtPosted 12/13/2011 7:42:34 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't let this go......

Do you even LIKE this game?
#3digitalwill2000Posted 12/13/2011 7:45:38 PM
Looks like TC is just making a topic to show off what quests he has, seemingly overlooking the quite obvious factthat the game has been out for over a month and and his 'feats' aren't worth what a pig would spit (regardless of when the came out actually)
---
300!! Karma Losses and counting...
#4metalmandtPosted 12/13/2011 7:46:42 PM
I'm just asking because with all those quests, it's pretty obvious there's plenty of gold to be had by just....playing
#5digitalwill2000Posted 12/13/2011 7:48:05 PM
And nothing worth spending it on for that matter
---
300!! Karma Losses and counting...
#6orangeneePosted 12/13/2011 8:01:54 PM
Go raid caves, make jewellery etc

All easy things. Sidequests are the worst way to make money.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#7TemplarKnightPosted 12/13/2011 8:10:34 PM
You can get a free house in Markarth. Just look for the Abandoned House in Markarth, and speak with Vigilant Tyranus (should be right outside) to trigger the quest.

Here's the full walkthrough for the quest
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_House_of_Horrors
#8drclaeysPosted 12/15/2011 1:51:17 PM
Friends,

also you can find free stuff to TAKE. not steal, but take. I think that means it usually free.

if you join one of the guilds.. Im in the campanions.. I THINK they have free stuff. You could just take all that stuff, and sell it, at the general store.

I bought that first house. I got over 5000, with out much trouble. Just explore, kill stuff, get hides, make leather, make daggers, and sell them.

I DO usually have to leave any cave half way through, or more then once, just to sell all my stuff. YEP. Your a wimp, and you are carring like 300 pounds of stuff.

get a HORSE, i hear they can carry you and fast travel. Not sure how expensive they are. I think horses are big and smelly.

This should be do-able. Just find a few free caves, and you will be set.

Good luck.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#9Hanzou74Posted 12/15/2011 1:54:51 PM
You can easily have around 3500-4000 gold before even going to whiterun for the first time, with only visiting 2 sites. Embershard mine and Halted Stream Camp. Other than that, go wander around and mine some ores, kill animals, harvest bugs and plants. Then do the obvious with them.

Also, Broken Tusk Hold, or something. Nice little place with some orc hunters who have all sorts of stuff on them.