getting Gifts from Followers (Lydia)

#1ssjfozzPosted 12/14/2011 2:01:48 PM
According to the wiki, if i travel with Lydia (maybe other followers) for long enough, and then part ways, then when we meet back up she will give me a gift.

How do you get this gift?

I took Lydia as a soon as i did the quest that made me Thane (only did 1 side mission in game before this point too), was about lv6 at the time. Now i'm lv26 have done a bit of exploring and quests. I parted ways with her and she went back to my house, but when i saw her again i got not gift.

Do you have to wait a certain amount of time between parting ways and meeting back up again, complete a quest alone or what?
---
Little kids driving carts downhill with hilarious results. Check at 1:08 for best crash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HB0wyvXFeg
#2ssjfozz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2011 3:24:44 PM
bump
---
Little kids driving carts downhill with hilarious results. Check at 1:08 for best crash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HB0wyvXFeg
#3xenmindPosted 12/14/2011 3:38:13 PM
I took that unbearable chick from the tavern on the bleak falls borough quest all the way up till the 1st dragon killing at the guard tower. After that we parted ways. I went back to the yarl. He told me to see the grey beards.
On the way out of town I decided to stop in the tavern to level up sneaking. While sneaking, I hear "I wanted to show my apreation" and unbreakable gave me 2 meads.

As for my wife, and mjoll the lioness. They never give me stuff
---
PSN: ZenMind, Gaming since 85.
#4otakuman706Posted 12/14/2011 3:53:58 PM
xenmind posted...
I took that unbearable chick from the tavern on the bleak falls borough quest all the way up till the 1st dragon killing at the guard tower. After that we parted ways. I went back to the yarl. He told me to see the grey beards.
On the way out of town I decided to stop in the tavern to level up sneaking. While sneaking, I hear "I wanted to show my apreation" and unbreakable gave me 2 meads.

As for my wife, and mjoll the lioness. They never give me stuff

Dang, I wonder if it's always cheap stuff like that. I was hoping maybe like a special weapon or armor from certain npcs. Oh and sometimes town people will just give you gifts for helping out (doing quests from/for) the town, them, or just people in general. These gifts are all cheap stuff for me so far though.
#5Eternal_WarlordPosted 12/14/2011 3:57:40 PM
Farkas gave me some mead after I finished the companions quests. I went back to Whiterun to get a new Skyforge Steel Sword so i could dual wield and went to glitch out that dark elf dude for free training and Farkas said "take this, you'll like it"
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#6BelimarPosted 12/15/2011 6:20:54 AM
My experience has been it isn't just limited to followers. I have people I have done quests for approach me at random and hand me booze.
---
PSN: Belimar_
Besides, Buzz Aldrin just backed over my guinea pig in the parking lot. - Phillip J. Fry
#7king_wreckedPosted 12/15/2011 7:11:33 AM
lydia gave me the clap