What region should the next Elder Scrolls take place in?

#21coldhelp(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2011 2:53:20 AM
I meant to enquire on what region in not just Tamriel (the large continent on that map) but moreover NIRN (the entire planet) the next Elder Scrolls should/will take place in.
#22OfficeChairPosted 12/21/2011 2:57:29 AM
well thats okay it's our topic now.. and the answer is..

Elsweyr because it's NOT A FANTASY EUROPEAN-ESQUE setting. Still looking for that setting magic that was in morrowind.
---
Nothing shall forestall my return. Even if the morrow is barren of promises.
#23AnemoiPosted 12/21/2011 4:14:09 AM
coldhelp posted...
I meant to enquire on what region in not just Tamriel (the large continent on that map) but moreover NIRN (the entire planet) the next Elder Scrolls should/will take place in.

It should and will take place in Tamriel.
---
I am unsure as to what you hope to accomplish by reading.
My posts are somewhat meaningless.
#24AstroshakPosted 12/21/2011 4:19:00 AM
It would be very interesting if they were to remake Arena in the current style. Same with (as someone else mentioned) Daggerfall.

Its a shame though, that the current style has the continent considerably smaller than it was in Arena.

As for the main point of this thread, I don't care what part of Tamriel that the next game takes place in. I just know that it will be both buggy and awesome at the same time. That's just what Bethesda does.
#25xxcheexxPosted 12/21/2011 5:42:38 AM
Elseweyr.

Also, I'm not well-versed with TES lore but where did the name "Elseweyr" originate"? Like maybe two Nords were having a drinking contest and one asks the other "where do cat people live?" And the other answers "elsewhere." Elseweyr?
#26TheLastShoePosted 12/21/2011 5:45:41 AM
velenwood. Cannibals FTW
---
Go Lakers!!!
#27king_wreckedPosted 12/21/2011 7:17:31 AM
i like the idea of wherever the kajiits are from. i don't know if the argonians are from somewhere close by to that too. but i think that after the last two games, it would be nice to get some ethnic flavor involved.
#28SPMcKinneyPosted 12/21/2011 7:28:32 AM
Seriously no one else wants Argonia (Black Marsh) and the Orc place is called Orsinium it was already in Daggerfell and its very very small so I doubt they'd do that one
---
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur! :: "Today is a good day for someone else to die!"
GT & PSN: SPMcKinney [Don't have a PS3 though :-( ]
#29nebilim_ToSPosted 12/21/2011 7:34:58 AM
Black Marsh. Said to be inhospitable to most creatures. Just imagine the kind of atrocities and difficulties we would find there.
---
In the real world, the only available ending is death.
White FC:1334 6901 1975 / PSN:Nebilim_
#30xxcheexxPosted 12/21/2011 7:37:29 AM
You know Blackmarsh seems like a good place to explore too but when you think about it, Argonians have the ability of breathing underwater yes? So that's most likely because they live some place where there's a lot of water. And if we have to swim...I hate the thought of encountering something nasty underwater. Slaughterfish...or maybe something worse.