Where can I find a Dwemer Ruins?

#1IhateMelvinPosted 12/18/2011 7:01:27 PM
I need Dwarven Armor.
---
"I am lightning....The rain transformed" - Raiden MGS4
#2hedgylovePosted 12/18/2011 7:04:02 PM
Too many places. They're horrible places to be.

If you do enough of Nazir's quests, you go to one of them though. If you get far in the Mage College quests you go to another one too. However I've found Dwarven armor without going into the ruins.
---
I'm obsessed over all things hedgehog related...except Sonic.
Currently playing: SKYRIM, Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns, Final Fantasy XII
#3wahdegreatPosted 12/18/2011 7:04:10 PM
IhateMelvin posted...
I need Dwarven Armor.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dwemer_Ruins

Alftand A large Dwemer ruin southwest from Winterhold (quest related).
Avanchnzel A large Dwemer ruin filled with Dwarven automatons of all types.
Blackreach An immense, naturally lit cavern inhabited by hordes of Falmer and the ruins of a Dwemer city (quest-related). It is approximately 4 square miles in size.
Bthardamz A Dwemer ruin located in the northwest of the Reach.
Irkngthand A large Dwemer ruin located west of Windhelm and south of Lake Yorgrim.
Kagrenzel A Dwarven Ruin located north of Riften and south-east of Mzulft.
Mzinchaleft A large Dwemer Ruin located south-west of Dawnstar.
Mzulft A large Dwarven Ruin (quest related).
Nchuand-Zel A large Dwemer ruin behind Understone Keep.
Raldbthar A Dwemer ruin located on the mountains slightly southwest of Windhelm, between Lake Yorgrim and the White River.
Reachwind Eyrie A Dwemer tower southeast of Markarth and north of Dushnikh Yal.
Sightless Pit A medium Dwemer ruin in Winterhold that is infested with Falmer.
Tower of Mzark An abandoned dwemer tower located in Blackreach.
#4cornishpetePosted 12/18/2011 7:04:28 PM
you probably, unless you are around the right level, wont find a set of dwarven armour in a ruin unless its a garunteed spawn on a table or something. if you need dwarven armour (though i cant imagine why) just smith it. most smiths sell the ingots. and if you cant buy ingots, get dwemer scrap metal and melt it down.
---
"Real Roman Legion? I thought that was all made up for the game. Was there a real one?" - 15643 -
#5Afi215Posted 12/18/2011 7:12:12 PM
I assume you only want the scraps to be smelted. visit markath, go to the keep aka jarl's place. go left on the first turn inside. find calcelmo, ask to visit excavation site, do what he told you to do. get the dwemer museum key, steal all smeltable scraps, smelt all of them.

everytime I do the steps above I usually end up with about 200 ingots, there are LOT MORE scraps inside calcelmo's lab and beyond which I assume would smelt up to about 250 more ingots.
#6IhateMelvin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2011 7:45:39 PM
Afi215 posted...
I assume you only want the scraps to be smelted. visit markath, go to the keep aka jarl's place. go left on the first turn inside. find calcelmo, ask to visit excavation site, do what he told you to do. get the dwemer museum key, steal all smeltable scraps, smelt all of them.

everytime I do the steps above I usually end up with about 200 ingots, there are LOT MORE scraps inside calcelmo's lab and beyond which I assume would smelt up to about 250 more ingots.

Oh wow, thanks. I have the armor, but i'm missing the Helmet and Boots so I was just gonna make them.
---
"I am lightning....The rain transformed" - Raiden MGS4
#7GeosapientPosted 12/18/2011 7:54:03 PM
IhateMelvin posted...
Afi215 posted...

Oh wow, thanks. I have the armor, but i'm missing the Helmet and Boots so I was just gonna make them.

By the time you're done making the armor you'll be close to being able to craft orcish armor... Unless you're going for the look of dwarven you may want to hold off for orc.
---
I am a believer in nothing. Nothing actually exists. Nothing rules my life. I live and I will die for nothing.
#8Afi215Posted 12/18/2011 8:03:05 PM
well you can always use the extra ingots to level your smithing, get iron ingots half the amount of your total ingots and craft dwarven bows, they sell for about 100 gold each in my game. easy cash early game.

let's say you have 200 dwemer ingots, you buy 100 iron ingots(20 gold)= 2000
smelt 100 dwarven bow(100 gold)= 10k. should get you all the way to dragon with all the money, and crafting daedric won't be a problem too.