Restoring the Thieves guild.....

#1RafedxPosted 12/19/2011 1:02:28 PM
I am trying to restore the Thieves Guild to its former glory, and I know I have to do missions for Vex and Delvin, but how many do I have to do?

I feel like I have done at least 4 to 6 missions in the 4 main holds, but nothing comes of it. Do I need to be doing all the different types of jobs? Can I focus on 1 from each character and get it done that way?

It just seems like it is taking an abnormally long time to finish it. How long does it normally take?

Thanks in advance
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every Wednesday
#2nonames4uPosted 12/19/2011 1:17:17 PM(edited)
Best way I found was to get a quest from one of them, find out what town it is in and then go to the other NPC. If the second NPC sends you to a diff town, then talk to them again and tell them you don't want the job, then get another job. Rinse and repeat until you get 2 jobs in the same town.

I think after 5 jobs in each town you get the master quest to finish that town. After you finish a town you can cancel any quests that send you to a town you have already completed.

I read somewhere that canceling a job removes gemstones at random from your inventory, but I never noticed if so.
---
You are all just coming through in waves....Your lips move, but I can't hear what you're saying...
#3Rafedx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2011 1:14:43 PM
nonames4u posted...
Best way I found was to get a quest from one of them, find out what town it is in and then go to the other NPC. If the second NPC sends you to a diff town, then talk to them again and tell them you don't want the job, rinse and repeat until you get 2 jobs in the same town.

I think after 5 jobs in each town you get the master quest to finish that town. After you finish a town you can cancel any quests that send you to a town you have already completed.

I read somewhere that canceling a job removes gemstones at random from your inventory, but I never noticed if so.

I didn't even think about canceling out jobs till they are in the same town. Do you or anyone else have any suggestions as to which types are the quickest to do?

Thank you for the reply.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every Wednesday
#4AstroshakPosted 12/19/2011 1:24:34 PM
I personally avoided the Fishing jobs like the plague, but other than those, they all seemed to take the same amount of time.

Actually, you don't *have* to make sure that both jobs are in the same town. What you do have to make sure of is that both jobs are in a town you have not done a "special job" for. This automatically means turn down ALL Riften jobs - that job you do for Maven counts as Riften's "special job".
#5kluk2288Posted 12/19/2011 1:40:28 PM
Unless you are proficient at pickpocketing avoid the fishing jobs from Delvin. And the bedlam jobs from Devlin can take some time. So I only take the numbers jobs from Delvin they are quick and easy.

For Vex they're all nearly the same and I can't remember the names. But the ones in the shops you have to unlock a strongbox so that can be avoided if you're worried about time. I think the shill and theft? are the fastest. They involve stealing or placing one item only.

To fully answer the question though, in the official guide I have it says it goes up to 125 total jobs for the final reward. That is a LOT I know.
#6Rafedx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2011 1:50:12 PM
kluk2288 posted...
Unless you are proficient at pickpocketing avoid the fishing jobs from Delvin. And the bedlam jobs from Devlin can take some time. So I only take the numbers jobs from Delvin they are quick and easy.

For Vex they're all nearly the same and I can't remember the names. But the ones in the shops you have to unlock a strongbox so that can be avoided if you're worried about time. I think the shill and theft? are the fastest. They involve stealing or placing one item only.

To fully answer the question though, in the official guide I have it says it goes up to 125 total jobs for the final reward. That is a LOT I know.

I don't have to do that many to get the trophy do I? Or is that just how many they have total, in case I feel like doing some another time?

Thanks everyone for the replies, now so long as I don't have to do 125 quests for them, I should be one more trophy to a platinum.
---
#7AstroshakPosted 12/19/2011 1:51:19 PM
5 jobs in the four towns = 20 jobs minimum.

Taking a job in a town you don't need to do anymore in only delays your inevitable restoration of the full glory of your guild.
#8kluk2288Posted 12/19/2011 1:54:17 PM
Ah sorry I wasn't thinking about the trophy. Yes you just need to do the 20 as was said. But then there are the special quests for each city as well.

The 125 is for more things on the shelves behind Mercer's desk.
#9Rafedx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2011 1:55:54 PM
Awesome, thanks you guys, big time.

You have answered everything I was curious about.
---
#10MrRonJohnsonPosted 12/19/2011 2:18:47 PM
Make sure you held onto your guild armor, or you're hosed.
---
PSN: Ron_Johnson