I want to stop the civil war not keep it going!

#1marquisdcPosted 12/20/2011 1:02:18 PM
so i started the message to whiterun and never continued it. I now have season unending and am trying to start the peace talks but the only option i have is to give the Ulfric back his axe and all he wants to do is attack white run, wtf do I do?
#2Ex360Posted 12/20/2011 1:04:33 PM
Can you actually get a peace treaty to be signed?
#3RafedxPosted 12/20/2011 1:04:44 PM
marquisdc posted...
so i started the message to whiterun and never continued it. I now have season unending and am trying to start the peace talks but the only option i have is to give the Ulfric back his axe and all he wants to do is attack white run, wtf do I do?

You pick a side and fight the war. It does not matter what you want to do, its either do nothing or fight the war, there is no middle ground in the civil war quest line.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every Wednesday
#4Ex360Posted 12/20/2011 1:06:25 PM
Rafedx posted...
marquisdc posted...

You pick a side and fight the war. It does not matter what you want to do, its either do nothing or fight the war, there is no middle ground in the civil war quest line.

Yeah I didn't get any option of neutrality either. I think one side has to win.
#5marquisdc(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2011 1:07:19 PM
so that means i can't start the peace process? if i take out the jarl of whiterun what happens?

does that mean i can never start season unending?
#6PurestarfallPosted 12/20/2011 1:17:55 PM
You now have to finish the civil war before you can compete Season unending.
Which means doing all the civil war quests.
---
"Let me guess. Someone stole your sweet roll?"
#7RD_21Posted 12/20/2011 1:21:23 PM
As lame as it is a lot of quest won't give you the choice you want and your only choice is to not do the quest (can't destroy the thieves guild, can't kill a draenic prince and you either do what he want or don't start/continue the quest).

But it's still a cool game I am just bummed in certain case mostly if you want to play the good guy or a certain way.
#8squiggy9996999Posted 12/20/2011 1:39:10 PM
the peace conference only comes up if you didn't do the civil war stuff first.
#9ArcDerekPosted 12/20/2011 2:01:35 PM
This thread is a prime example of why you should just play the game without reading walkthroughs.

There is nothing else you can do with the axe because Balgruuf handing it back to give to Ulfric is his response. The act implies that the jarl is ready for Ulfric and will not surrender. If the jarl had accepted the axe and kept it, it would mean that he is joining in Ulfric's cause to uproot the Empire in Skyrim.

There isn't any way to "trick" Ulfric here; when he sees the axe, he knows what's up.
#10SRCLIFFPosted 12/20/2011 2:17:51 PM

whats so civil about war anyway?