Diplomatic Immunity - Really stuck with trap door - Need help!!!

#1cottonball2k2Posted 12/21/2011 8:31:12 AM
I posted this a while back but continued on with the side quests. but now i found out this is a part of the main quest I am stuck and SIMPLY CANNOT FINISH THE GAME BECAUSE OF THIS BUG. Can anyone help???

I killed the first guard, took the book, spoke with the prisoner and freed him. All's fine. Two guards come in with Malborn and i killed them. But the only key i find on them is another torture chamber key instead of the trap door key.

I end up having 3 torture chamber key and no trap door key and I'm now stuck. I tried reloading to a save point with the prisoner sequence above but no luck. always just loot torture chamber key from these 2 guards.

i searched the board and googled this situation and seems no one has a similar situation. anyone?

I have used every single key i found. supposedly one of the 3 guards in the torture chamber area should have a key for trapdoor, but instead everyone just has interrogation chamber keys instead!!!
#2cirus 7Posted 12/21/2011 8:48:13 AM
sounds to me like you missed killing a guard, there should be more then 1 guard in the prison before the 2 enter with malborn, there should be a mage and a guard when you first enter the dungeon, the mage had the key when i did it if im not mistaken.
---
psn id "rajas", FF11 handle- Atrox, on Cerberus
auto modellista team- Akagi Redsuns *RIP*
#3bjroe458Posted 12/21/2011 8:58:38 AM
The mage has the key.
#4cottonball2k2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2011 4:22:58 AM
Unfortunately, that mage just doesn't show up. I've reloaded a previous save and redid the quest. and still doesn't show up and i'm stuck with a few interrogation chamber keys but no trapdoor key. perhaps i guess i have to start over again and hope it doesn't glitch again.
#5ChillyWilly12Posted 12/22/2011 4:37:48 AM
cottonball2k2 posted...
Unfortunately, that mage just doesn't show up. I've reloaded a previous save and redid the quest. and still doesn't show up and i'm stuck with a few interrogation chamber keys but no trapdoor key. perhaps i guess i have to start over again and hope it doesn't glitch again.

Did you kill the interrogator upstairs before going into the interrogation chamber? I noticed when my girlfriend was playing she killed the interrogat˘r upstairs (i forget his name) and he didnt show up downstairs in the chamber for obvious reasons. Im pretty sure he has the key, maybe you missed the body upstairs.
#6mumpsy21Posted 12/22/2011 4:45:32 AM
Here's what I did:

Go around the house and go back to the basement at some point more guards should appear, kill them both and suddenly two more will appear with the bartender, kill them then they should have the key.

I thought I was just lost in the quest so I went around and it got fixed all by itself...
---
Nier is best gaming I've had since KH and FFX. One that breaks my heart yet keeps it warm and hopeful and happy. We definitely need more games like this.
#7cottonball2k2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2011 8:11:52 AM
i think my game is seriously glitched. i tried again and got the mage down there, killed him (Rulindil) and Gissur and another guard came down with them, but just found an interrogation key again... talk to the prisoner, another 2 guards came in, killed them too. again, no trap door key..... kept going back and forth, nothing....
#8K14JAsminePosted 12/22/2011 2:10:27 PM
It's because you have to say to the prisoner, "wait, you might know something important" in order for the quest to complete and the second wave of guards to come down. 2 of these 3 guards have the key, at least in my experience. I got stuck on the same part!