Those of you with freezing issues

#1SteminPosted 1/2/2012 6:13:00 AM
Have you noticed a tendency for it to happen during or just after sleeping?

I have had the game freeze during sleep once, and many many times shortly after sleeping. Especially in Windhelm in Candlehearth Hall, but this is probably just a coincidence because for some reason I sleep there more.

EVERY time I fast travel to Windhelm it's night time. EVERY time, no matter where I am or what I'm doing. Maybe they did it 'cuz of the blood on the ice quest or maybe I'm just lucky.

Anyways... I think maybe the time zones are fubar'ed and the game gets confused. Because I notice if I sleep in a tavern you can hear the girl singing. 8-13 hours will pass depending on how long I sleep and she's still right in the middle of the song when I wake. Could be the game is trying to adjust for the time change and gets fubar'ed. Could be a reason for the freezing.

It also seems like if I save rediculously often I get less freezing.

For what its worth I didn't turn off autosaves.

Anyone else notice this, or is it just me?
#2SouldoggPosted 1/2/2012 6:22:29 AM
I think that the freezes happen only when the game is in the process of auto-saving. I've only had a few, but they happened when the game auto-saves, like when fast travelling or otherwise changing areas.
---
~Deserve victory~
#3Stemin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2012 6:40:28 AM
Souldogg posted...
I think that the freezes happen only when the game is in the process of auto-saving. I've only had a few, but they happened when the game auto-saves, like when fast travelling or otherwise changing areas.

No, autosaves happen at specific junctions. Either when you exit a house, sleep, fast travel, etc. They don't happen after you wake up from sleeping and take 5 steps, or when you leave a house and take 10 steps. And I've noticed the game does everything backwards anyways.

For example... normal games, if you warped to an area, an autosave would occur at the new area. Not skyrim. Skyrim autosaves, THEN transports you. So if you're in whiterun and you fast travel to Riften and then the game freezes, when you go to reload, the autosave will be from whiterun.

I'm not saying autosave can't cause freezes, I'm just saying I'm talking about a different phenomenon.
#4Crooked_CapnPosted 1/2/2012 6:44:36 AM
I guess my freezes would not yet be bad enough to be considered "issues" but I am having freezes here and there. I have disabled autosaves out of paranoia. The only time my game freezes is every now and then when it's on the load screen (where there is a picture and a description or hint) and once when I went to save the game I clicked "save" and it froze.
#5Stemin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2012 7:21:15 AM
Crooked_Capn posted...
I guess my freezes would not yet be bad enough to be considered "issues" but I am having freezes here and there. I have disabled autosaves out of paranoia. The only time my game freezes is every now and then when it's on the load screen (where there is a picture and a description or hint) and once when I went to save the game I clicked "save" and it froze.

Not every time, but usually if it freezes on the loading screen, if I wait it eventually comes back. The smoke starts moving again and wala. Game on.
#6thelotussenshiPosted 1/2/2012 7:45:21 AM
mine will freeze either on the loading screen (with the picture or smoke) or if i am in the middle of a massive fight against 4+ bandits/thugs or 2 giants, 2-3 mammoths+Dragon. But then again, the freezes also only happen after i've been playing for 3+ hours. AND I have about 4gb left on my hd out of 160gb, so that could also be causing the problem as well. I really should clear out my system...
---
PSN: JuggaloSenshi
#7whiteLion64Posted 1/2/2012 8:57:43 AM

my game freeze when tying to access to the harddrive.it freeze ,i don't know why .

maybe corupted data or hardrive failure but i think most is the game and the patch.

i just hope that the patch 1.04 will be nearly perfect for freezing,glitchs,lags,and some other bugs

#8whiteLion64Posted 1/2/2012 8:59:06 AM

i have noticed that some freeze is a graphical memory issue data trading with the hardrive

#9IronClaymor3Posted 1/2/2012 9:02:54 AM
Ya, you can really bog down your game if you continually wait or sleep without manually saving the game. It can get really glitchy.
---
Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.