best ranged follower?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: 13thGamer

13thGamer
5 years ago#1
I was attacked by an ancient dragon today, and found myself at a disadvantage because this mofo would not land for crap. At most, he'd land on a rooftop and breathe fire in my face. Had he landed on the ground, he would have found himself dead in about three seconds. He wouldn't land though, so I didn't have the pleasure of killing him. Now, I'm looking to recruit an archer (or any long range follower) to aid me in ranged combat. I've had Aela as a follower before, and since she provides training in archery, I would assume that she would use a bow as her primary, but I've noticed that she instead favors the sword.
Who then, would be a preferable follower if I was looking for someone who focuses on using ranged combat skills? Thank you in advance for any replies.

User Info: FLAWLESSCROWNS

FLAWLESSCROWNS
5 years ago#2
There's Janessa in Whiterun (bow) and Mercutirittitrototo in the tavern in Riften (mage).
http://www.damnlol.com/pics/225/41648574c040cb4ff5fa052369c63dc5.gif

User Info: KamuiFei

KamuiFei
5 years ago#3

You have Aela, Faendal, Jenassa who specialize in ranged. Maricutio (sp?), the non-trainer College mages, and the dark elf chick at Azura's Shrine (who is apparently one of the best caster followers you can have). But you have to do their quests/ pay them to follow you. Or just give a melee follower a decent bow, they'll use it against dragons. I was surprised how good Lydia is with a decent, enchanted bow.

User Info: Spurner

Spurner
5 years ago#4
KamuiFei posted...
I was surprised how good Lydia is with a decent, enchanted bow.

How did you get Lydia to use a different bow? Every time I give her one she resorts to using her stock one. Am I missing something obvious?

User Info: 13thGamer

13thGamer
5 years ago#5
Spurner posted...
KamuiFei posted...

How did you get Lydia to use a different bow? Every time I give her one she resorts to using her stock one. Am I missing something obvious?

This. I gave Aela the best bow she's probably ever seen in her life, and she uses her default bow when ever she does resort to using it

User Info: Colinp42

Colinp42
5 years ago#6
I've never had that problem, but why not just take away whatever you don't want her to use?
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!

User Info: KamuiFei

KamuiFei
5 years ago#7

13thGamer posted...
Spurner posted...
KamuiFei posted...

This. I gave Aela the best bow she's probably ever seen in her life, and she uses her default bow when ever she does resort to using it

Hmmm, I honestly couldn't tell you, I gave Lydia a Dwarven Bow of Thunderbolts and she used it. I know this because my bow was not enchanted yet, and the dragon was getting hit with the violet aura. It was the only bow in her inventory. Maybe because I upgraded her armor too? Idk :(

User Info: GoldenBoy122

GoldenBoy122
5 years ago#8
Where did you get the dwarven bow?

User Info: Spurner

Spurner
5 years ago#9
Hmm, I'm not sure what the deal is then. Even if she has nothing in her inventory besides the bow I give her, she still won't use it. Oh well, she does don the heavy armor I give her without issue. I guess she stays melee. Go get 'em, Lydia. Let's go earn more burdens for you to carry.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived