Why can they still see me if i am invisible?

#1FearMe801Posted 1/8/2012 11:18:23 PM

i wanted to get the statue for degaine so i broke into the room and use the nightingale invisibility and upon entering the room they talked to me while i am invisible

is that how broken the sneak in the game?

#2ChaosInDarknessPosted 1/8/2012 11:25:00 PM
I've used my invisibility spell immediately after firing an arrow, so before the arrow even kills someone I'm invisible. Yet people swarm on me, if I take one step suddenly they can't see me.

Invisibility is pretty broken from what I can tell.
---
PSN: BangDeadPikachu
"Gamlen can't say 'good morning' without lying twice." - Hawke
#3shin89510Posted 1/9/2012 12:04:24 AM
yea its almost useless. and before trolling happens, i know they can still hear you while you're invisible.
#4robd42Posted 1/9/2012 4:42:04 AM
I am a pure sneak build on about all my toons I have tried. Have yet to use Invis type illusion spells or powers. Never needed them.
---
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check you premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. - Ayn Rand
#5whiteredeyePosted 1/9/2012 4:57:19 AM
I think it doesn't always work. I saved then used an invis potion, took all armor off, tried to sneak into the Falmor fort and the guards all turned hostile as soon as went past the gate. Reloaded the save and tried again, and it worked fine. although like Oblivion the second you attack/touch anything the spell is broken, better to use it to escape if your caught stealing.
#6onyx_magniPosted 1/9/2012 5:01:12 AM
The falmer are already blind, using invisibility is pointless on them. You just have to be quiet and they won't detect you.
#7luigi4728Posted 1/9/2012 5:20:38 AM
i think invisibility is bugged so people can hear you but i dont think they can see you so it kinda makes sense but makes it pretty useless it might not be bugged and thats how they intended it to be but i doubt that
---
werewolfs like sandwiches
#8tri sapphirePosted 1/9/2012 5:49:10 AM
luigi4728 posted...
i think invisibility is bugged so people can hear you but i dont think they can see you so it kinda makes sense but makes it pretty useless it might not be bugged and thats how they intended it to be but i doubt that

It's not bugged. If you don't want to be heard, there's the Muffle spell or enchantment.

Also, enemies will always go to the spot an arrow was fired from if it hits, or if you are partially detected. Move after you turn invisible.
---
"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed...I must simply laugh!!."- Magus
#9cornishpetePosted 1/9/2012 8:24:25 AM
"shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You talk too loud.
I could smell you since you got here.....
If i can smell you.... if i can hear you..... *points around* ... they can too"

yeah. basically, you might be invisible, but they can still hear you, use a muffle spell, nightingale boots or othwer muffled boots.

also, when they DO detect you, they know where you are, if you silent roll away, for example, they lose track of you, so long as you remain quiet.
---
"Real Roman Legion? I thought that was all made up for the game. Was there a real one?" - 15643 -