Disarmed and my weapon/shield disappeared

#1dmarinePosted 1/9/2012 7:17:54 AM
In Bleak Falls Barrow, a Dragur Death Lord disarmed me of my sword and shield. Luckily, I had a war hammer handy and was barely able to defeat him. I was lvl 19 at the time. After obtaining the word from the word wall and grabbing all of the loot, I went in search of my sword and shield. I equipped a torch and searched the ground for about 15 minutes in wider and wider circles around the area and couldn't find my gear! Not a huge deal as it was only a steel sword and shield (both flawless). However, later in the game, this may be a problem with enchanted gear.

When you are disarmed, does your gear simply vanish?
#2GHarris91Posted 1/9/2012 7:37:37 AM
Nope, it drops to the ground, near your feet.

Doesn't the Shield just get unequipped though?
---
Gnome warriors are bizarre. When your average human can defeat a warrior by punting him over a field goal post, it's weird - pegusus123456
#3bjroe458Posted 1/9/2012 7:40:18 AM
No they do not just drop at your feet, i lost a pair of enchanted daggers,they dissappear in BFB for some reason,
#4digUbetterdeadPosted 1/9/2012 7:50:40 AM
your weapons drop to the ground where you were disarmed at, as the others said. and i can confirm that shields only get unequpped and stay in your inventory.
---
PSN: LoveLikeJazz
O(+>
#5Citrate1007Posted 1/9/2012 8:41:30 AM
They never disappear, but it is possible that the game glitched and they dropped through the floor to be forever lost to clipping.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#6bjroe458Posted 1/9/2012 8:46:31 AM
Citrate1007 posted...
They never disappear, but it is possible that the game glitched and they dropped through the floor to be forever lost to clipping.

if i can no longer have them in my inventory and equip them, they dissappeared, plain and simple
#7dmarine(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2012 11:35:37 AM
Yes. They definitely disappeared and were not directly where my feet were. I was standing on the altar when I was disarmed and as I said, I searched in concentric circles for about 15 minutes. I looked ALL over the altar area as well. Since it is solid rock and light colored, they would have stuck out very prominently during my search.

What a pain.
#8tzar_666Posted 1/9/2012 11:37:14 AM
the capital wasteland is a dangerouse place

save often
---
"questions are a burden to others and a danger to you"- cleveland brown