Why can't anyone create a game like Skyrim for the PS3 that would be a MMORPG?

#1groccoPosted 1/24/2012 1:39:04 PM
I know, I know, I hear you that Skyrim online would suck, but why are there no fantasy MMORPG gameson the PS3? (or are there?) I've always been interested in playing something like WoW, but I'm too cheap to pay the monthly rate, so I've always wondered how cool it would be to have something LIKE WoW for the consoles... Maybe it's just me...
---
"Wherever you go, there you are..." BB
#2rushendePosted 1/24/2012 1:40:43 PM
Send some e-mails to all the major developers..
#3AstroshakPosted 1/24/2012 1:41:46 PM
Free Realms ... while not medieval fantasy, it most definitely IS fantasy.

I'm just not sure that it is the specific game engine you're looking for, as I've played neither Free Realms nor the abomination that killed the Warcraft franchise of Real Time Strategy games.
#4toadiemanPosted 1/24/2012 1:44:49 PM
White Knight Chronicles is sortof MMO. Then there's the potential release of FFXIV on PS3 toward the end of the year.
---
PSN: toadieman
Currently playing: Skyrim
#5zegram33Posted 1/24/2012 2:00:54 PM
white knight chronicles II is what your looking for, basically
not a MMORPG quite, but an online 8 player co-op rpg, and also crazily good
otherwise, dcuo is your mmorpg
#6carpathian666Posted 1/24/2012 2:07:58 PM
I always enjoyed P.S.O. on the 360. Me and my friends would play that game for days, non-stop. I miss those days.
---
PSN: carpathian666 XBL: godequalslie
Playing: BF3, Skyrim, GT5.
#7DigiOps944Posted 1/24/2012 2:22:24 PM
The guy behind kingdoms of alamur is also working on an mmo title set 2000 years time ahead of the previously mentioned title.
---
...But if sweetness can win-and it can-then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.
#8SteminPosted 1/24/2012 2:28:41 PM
I got news for you kid, as good as Skyrim is, it's not exactly as cutting edge as everyone makes it out to be playwise. I programmed for MUD's back in high school that had way more going on. The difference obviously is that MUD's are all text based. I've been wishing for decades now that someone with more know how than I would finally make a MUD graphically and that's basically what Skyrim is. It's an entry level MUD that someone made graphical. Which is why it's just as awesome as I expected it to be when someone finally did it. Now if I can get my 360 PC controller to work I might go out and get the PC version and use that creation kit to add some stuff that Skyrim doesn't have from my MUD'ding days.
#9Dragonspawn1319Posted 1/24/2012 2:46:37 PM
Well, there is dc univers online, but that game is more sci-fi than fantasy (not to mention complete garbage).

The problem with mmo's on a console is that, just like with skyrim, the system can't handle all the required cache memory. After a while the system becomes over-taxed and stops working properly.
---
PSN: GreenBook
#10ghostly_bearPosted 1/24/2012 2:49:11 PM
dseiber83 posted...
Well, there is dc univers online, but that game is more sci-fi than fantasy (not to mention complete garbage).

The problem with mmo's on a console is that, just like with skyrim, the system can't handle all the required cache memory. After a while the system becomes over-taxed and stops working properly.

oh? lrn2freerealms.
---
There will always be some wanna be Russian saying something about Vodka.--Humberto4790