clearing all clearable areas

#1xperronexPosted 2/20/2012 10:01:16 AM
has anyone done this? i think i've done every quest i can (excluding the neverending radiant quests) so i'm about to embark on this task.
#2dudersaurusPosted 2/20/2012 3:07:22 PM
Pretty sure after 30 in game days cleared areas reset and become un-cleared.
Consequently unless you are keeping your own list you won't be able to see everything listed as 'cleared'.
---
Roll to see if I'm getting drunk!
#3xperronex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2012 5:30:06 PM
oh god is that true? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
#4NebulaDragonPosted 2/20/2012 5:37:54 PM
Weird. I did not know that. I guess there's like some magic custodian who restocks all the dungeons.
#5dudersaurusPosted 2/20/2012 5:45:32 PM
Yeah, I think its the same has how ore magically respawns after 30 days.
Maybe it is a supply/demand thing with runaway inflation so previously uneconomical deposits are re-classified as ore after a month...
They still weigh the same though.
---
#6xperronex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2012 5:57:38 PM
i'm not sure that's true. i've got a ton of places on my map that say cleared that i haven't been to in forever.
#7dudersaurusPosted 2/20/2012 6:00:53 PM
ok, maybe its not. I thought it was and had heard that dungeons reset.
If its working, power to you.
---
#8SteminPosted 2/20/2012 6:01:11 PM
xperronex posted...
i'm not sure that's true. i've got a ton of places on my map that say cleared that i haven't been to in forever.

They still read cleared on the map, but they're going to respawn enemies regardless. There are some exceptions, but most places respawn regardless of whether they're clearable.
#9xperronex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2012 6:05:32 PM
yes, enemies definitely respawn even in cleared dungeons. but the dungeons still read as cleared on the map.

phew i thought my time in skyrim had ended...but i live to play another...20 hours?
#10grandmortPosted 2/20/2012 6:14:03 PM
Stemin posted...
They still read cleared on the map, but they're going to respawn enemies regardless. There are some exceptions, but most places respawn regardless of whether they're clearable.

^Exactly!

I, too, have the same goal to clear every possible dungeons, though I've noticed that some places never "clear" even when 1/you get rid of all enemies AND 2/even when a <u>similar</u> location icon "clears" on the other side of the map. Strange.
---
Grandmort
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..."