is it possible to complete every quest in skyrim?

#11LtRickGreyPosted 3/10/2012 11:01:18 PM
It's perfectly possible to do every quest in skyrim, just not on the same playthrough.

With the way you can play the game i'm amazed that people only gave it one run then put it down. Same with the old republic. Maybe if all characters had the exact same story ala guild wars 1 or age of conan, but they don't...
#12DocDeliciousPosted 3/10/2012 11:22:08 PM
drclaeys posted...
friends,
I would love to see a checklist/order of stuff, so we could all follow it, and try to do and see the most of the game.

What the problem is, is you dont know where to go, who to talk to, the location.

This is a joke right?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Quests
List of every quest in the game by faction/city etc. Quest Timing link at the bottom tells you exactly what quests to do early in the game and any quests that conflict with eachother. Then you just complete all the others.

And the quest sytem in-game tell you exactly where to go and what to do in every quest. There is absolutely no thought involved whatsoever. Just do what the game tells you.

Do any quests you want. Order really doesn't matter other than the couple that conflict with eachother (such as the Civil War questline).

Anyway. Yes there a lot of quests in Skyrim. Thousands? No.
Yes the radial system exists and it can technically generate an infinite amount of quests.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Radiant
Yes it's mandatory as in you can't turn it off. There are a few that are part of main/factions questlines that you have to do but there's really no noticeable difference between the radiant and regular ones. There are also miscellaneous radiant quests that I personally enjoy and are an easy source of money that you don't ever have to do if you don't want to.
#13Lord_of_DemonsPosted 3/11/2012 6:25:57 AM
Short Answer to TC: No you can't.
---
I am the demon lord of chaos!
#14Claimh_SoliasPosted 3/11/2012 9:20:41 AM
drclaeys posted...
friends,

I would love to see a checklist/order of stuff, so we could all follow it, and try to do and see the most of the game.

The strategy guide for the game lists all of the quests in the index.
---
Was apea erra sos khal yor tasyue noes
....Orator of Ar Cielian....
#15dr_doePosted 3/11/2012 9:53:03 AM
LtRickGrey posted...
It's perfectly possible to do every quest in skyrim, just not on the same playthrough.

With the way you can play the game i'm amazed that people only gave it one run then put it down. Same with the old republic. Maybe if all characters had the exact same story ala guild wars 1 or age of conan, but they don't...

The story line is the same no matter the race(skyrim)...... or 'am I missing something?
#16DocDeliciousPosted 3/11/2012 11:00:07 AM
A lot of the quests have radiant parts to them so one playthrough could be the exact opposite of another. Obviously the scripted quests will stay the same but the radiant ones add a lot of flavor.
---
"If you don't understand how something works, never mind: just give up and say God did it." ~ Richard Dawkins
#17dr_doePosted 3/11/2012 11:56:20 AM
Any examples of these opposite parts?

I don't mean to sound rude but I've never seen any quest in my game that seemed directly tied to the fact that I'm a dark elf. I've heard random stuff from NPC's like the dark elf woman in the mages college that seems to love the fact that you become the archmage and maybe a few others but never any dark elf related "parts" of quests.

Again, I don't mean to sound rude but i've looked around(obviously in the wrong spot?) and i've never seen any topics on these alternate parts of certain quests. If you have any experience with them i'd love to hear what they are...
#18SpacefrisianPosted 3/12/2012 1:03:42 AM
dr_doe posted...

I don't mean to sound rude but I've never seen any quest in my game that seemed directly tied to the fact that I'm a dark elf. I've heard random stuff from NPC's like the dark elf woman in the mages college that seems to love the fact that you become the archmage and maybe a few others but never any dark elf related "parts" of quests.

Again, I don't mean to sound rude but i've looked around(obviously in the wrong spot?) and i've never seen any topics on these alternate parts of certain quests. If you have any experience with them i'd love to hear what they are...

In Whiterun their is this Redguard, he asks if you can get his sword back. He has 3 different location of where his sword might be.

Dawnstar, Black smith has also several locations of where his book might be.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#19BedsheetGhostPosted 3/12/2012 6:31:27 AM
Spacefrisian posted...
dr_doe posted...

In Whiterun their is this Redguard, he asks if you can get his sword back. He has 3 different location of where his sword might be.

Dawnstar, Black smith has also several locations of where his book might be.

I think dr_doe means that he's disappointed in race mattering so little in this game (and I agree). Why play all 10 races if they don't offer anything unique storyline-wise?
---
My karma ran over your dogma.
#20_Lycanthroat_Posted 3/12/2012 5:10:51 PM
It is a little disappointing. There are little changes here and there, but it would be nice to have it mentioned if it's important to a quest i.e. I just finished the "In My Time of Need" quest, and it was a bit weird when the Redguards at the gate were asking if I'd seen a Redguard female...when I *was* a Redguard female.

Nazir makes a funny comment when you meet him though. Try him out as a Redguard.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will"