Has anyone ditched ps3 for the pc?

#1cuddlycrocodilePosted 3/12/2012 5:25:19 AM
i get so jealous seeing the mods on youtube pc users get to mess around with. No fair console users don't get any. Anyone getting the pc skyrim just for the mods?
#2PapaRosario23Posted 3/12/2012 5:35:05 AM
If you had a PC that could run it to begin with, I'm not sure why you would've opted for PS3.
---
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
#3Mr_M0j0_RisingPosted 3/12/2012 5:56:38 AM
Yes. once you play these games on a PC you won't want to turn back. I don't even care that much for mods, but the stability and high framerate make the PC version much more playable. In other words, you spend more time being immersed and less time worrying about glitches. The decision to buy a gaming PC was worth it for that alone.
---
We live to make the impossible possible.
#4ProdrivertnPosted 3/12/2012 6:01:28 AM
No. Hmmm, how do I put this? I am probably older than most of the people on this board and feel the need to share some wisdom. There is a saying, "the grass is always greener in the other side of the fence". You should learn to appreciate and enjoy what you have. Constantly comparing your belongings to others will lead to a life of envy and misery.

I am sure the PS3 has its advantages and disadvantage compared to a pc. Remember, pc's vary widely in performance and abilities. You may be looking at an example of a mod done on a high end desk top that most of our home pc's would struggle to do.

So the moral of the story is, don't worry about the Jones' pc, enjoy your game for what it is.
---
PSN- tnfedexman Add for GT5 remote racing, car sharing, and item trading.
#5MyNameIsALiePosted 3/12/2012 6:19:13 AM
Yeah, my PC can't run it, it overheats.
---
3DS Friend Code : 5155-3366-6492.
Add me if you play Resident Evil Revelations and looking for a Co-op partner.
#6TheRealPhattyJPosted 3/12/2012 6:20:23 AM
Mr_M0j0_Rising posted...
Yes. once you play these games on a PC you won't want to turn back. I don't even care that much for mods, but the stability and high framerate make the PC version much more playable. In other words, you spend more time being immersed and less time worrying about glitches. The decision to buy a gaming PC was worth it for that alone.

That is, after you deal with all the drivers and patch issues, and hardware incompatibilities. I know 4 different gamers, all with PC's that more than double the requirements for skyrim, who STILL can't get it to run due to hardware and driver issues.

Like the dude above me said, the grass is always greener. I'll stick with my PS3 as it allows me to play games, watch tv, and write music allll at the same time when combined with my laptop and PC ;)
#7cuddlycrocodile(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 7:02:11 AM
yah I guess you guys are right and I'd hate spending another 50 bucks for the pc version. Maybe when the price for comes down one day i'll get it just to try the mods. Its very tempting looking at those videos lol.
#8Mr_M0j0_RisingPosted 3/12/2012 7:07:51 AM
^ Drivers, patch issues, hardware incompatibilities? How very vague. Are you sure you're not just making that up?
---
We live to make the impossible possible.
#9thisgameisgreatPosted 3/12/2012 7:22:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10taurus_demonPosted 3/12/2012 1:01:50 PM
I just recently installed Skyrim on my 10yo gaming laptop and so far it works fine at medium settings. Once I get a really good cooling-pad then I'll try ramping up the settings to at least high. Never had any conflicts and the only thing I updated was the graphics driver (NVidia).

You don't necessarily need a high-end gaming rig unless you absolutely want to play games at their highest settings.