Strongest one-handed weapon??

#1matrichaPosted 3/19/2012 2:32:07 AM

i really dont know if this is a right way to approach to this concept, but i was wondering what one handed weapon has most basic damage output?

i am using the daedric guys something Pal mace wich do 31 magica, 31 stamina, soul drain effects, and it is the strongest that i can get at the moment. level is 23.

thanx beforehand.

#2xGenocidestPosted 3/19/2012 2:50:22 AM
Chillrend, but it's a Glass weapon.

In the end it really doesn't matter, just go for whatever looks the coolest. The base damage is usually only 10 points difference in most weapons.. so around 100 it doesn't even account to another swing.
#3WillCurriePosted 3/19/2012 3:19:18 AM
Indeed it is the Chillrend - which is a leveled sword you get through the thieves guild.

Keep in mind this is a levelled item and if you want the most powerful version you need to be a level 46 or above.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Chillrend_(Skyrim)
---
Proud Member of YKDDP
#4matricha(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2012 3:34:21 AM

it appears i am in the middle of thieves guild missions. if i get the sword now, does this mean i wil lmiss my chance or at level 46 it will be the strongest? a little confused here.

#5WillCurriePosted 3/19/2012 3:49:23 AM
Yes, wait till you are level 46 to do thieves guild missions. There are several leveled items.

Here is a list of all the leveled items in Skyrim - you can use it to avoid certain missions.

The only real important one IMO is the Chillrend.
---
Proud Member of YKDDP
#6matricha(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2012 4:13:37 AM

i dont see a list, but i'll avoid takinh Chillrend then, my current mace is doing 38 base damage and additional stat damage, so it's not that bad.

#7xGenocidestPosted 3/19/2012 4:27:22 AM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Leveled_Items
#8WillCurriePosted 3/19/2012 5:14:16 AM
matricha posted...
i dont see a list, but i'll avoid takinh Chillrend then, my current mace is doing 38 base damage and additional stat damage, so it's not that bad.

Sorry, I forgot to add the link. Thankfully, the guy above posted the same page.
---
Proud Member of YKDDP
#9turin33Posted 3/19/2012 7:46:05 AM
waiting til level 46 is a long time imo, its still a great sword at level 27. Also, I like Dragonbane - 40 pts shock damage to dragons. This one is good to get after level 46 because you will sometimes get ambushed by 2 dragons. I ended up making my own weapons (up to daedric) with fire enchantments - makes a big difference. My favorite weapon is mehrunes razor - almost always seem to get the kill when sneaking up on them. This is the one weapon I would not trade for anything.
#10Claimh_SoliasPosted 3/19/2012 9:22:07 AM
I'm glad I found this list now..now if only I could find some non-monotonous way to get to level 46 before I get to "A Cornered Rat"
---
Was apea erra sos khal yor tasyue noes
....Orator of Ar Cielian....